1 million people in work to be classed as "not working enough" by DWP

Although back to reality, this government are considering how to increase peoples wages so they don't need government help. That includes lifting the income tax threshold and considering an increase in NMW for large employers.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

The key problem is living costs, not wages.

It's why Osborne's deliberate ramping of property prices is so idiotic.

The real solution would be to tackle it from both angles by ensuring a modest rise in incomes, along with action to tackle housing, utility and transport costs.

I don't see the problem with it, surely if your earnings have to be subsidised by the state then they should be checking you are actually trying to improve your lot.

Agree with you also ILT23 about living costs but also think that the rose of the tax threshold was the best thing any government has done since I can remember.

The problem is too many people, too much demand for housing, too much competition for jobs, too many people for natural resources. Reduce the population by restricting immigration and disencouraging breeding and everything will sort itself out.

The problem is too many people, too much demand for housing, too much competition for jobs, too many people for natural resources. Reduce the population by restricting immigration and disencouraging breeding and everything will sort itself out.

Have you been reading Mein Kampf again?

You should be shot for posts such facts.

You know what comes next.

Build more house, create more jobs, grow more food, dig deeper and bigger hols in the earth to find more resources, anything but put a limit on population expansion.

'Disencouraging breeding'

Are you of the blonde haired and blue eyed fraternity by any chance ?

That may be the case; but I just have one child and I have reduced my working hours from 45 to 25. I hope they dont come after me.

I see the DWP are up to their usual dirty tricks of maligning their customers:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/22/dwp-document-refers-to-benefit-claimant-as-lying-bitch

I've lost count of the number of times the DWP have been found out:

Edited by Mister M