People who get wet.

As opposed to those who wear a rain coat.

So there's a steady stream of people walking past my window, the majority miserable looking, all for the lack of a rain coat.

It's not like in our climate buying one isn't a good investment. So why do people put themselves through such cold and misery when a waterproof can be picked up quite cheaply ? :huh:

So there's a steady stream of people walking past my window, the majority miserable looking, all for the lack of a rain coat.

It's not like in our climate buying one isn't a good investment. So why do people put themselves through such cold and misery when a waterproof can be picked up quite cheaply ? :huh:

Fashion (or the lack thereof!) of course... :roll:

Actually, scrap that - there are umbrellas for those sorts of people who absolutely must colour code their outfits!

I'm likely one of the miserable sods - I own neither a waterproof, nor an umbrella, however I do have a parking permit which allows me to get very close to my office...

Edited by sh3rb3t

They may be refusing to believe that summer has finally ended :(

I've just had the dog out for a 2 hour walk, for the sake of modesty I wore shorts and T shirt, they are still wet whilst my waterproof skin as dried in no time at all, the dog will take a little longer to dry out.

A waterproof rain coat would have just induced sweating and my cloths would still be wet.

I've just had the dog out for a 2 hour walk, for the sake of modesty I wore shorts and T shirt, they are still wet whilst my waterproof skin as dried in no time at all, the dog will take a little longer to dry out.

A waterproof rain coat would have just induced sweating and my cloths would still be wet.

Not necessarily.

Due to my outdoors nature i own several waterproofs, so i guess i have an advantage over most. I've also just been out wearing a Paramo jacket which "breathes" really well, unlike my hard shells, so no sweaty clamminess at all.

(I accept not everyone wants to spend £150-£300 on a jacket though)

Not necessarily.

Due to my outdoors nature i own several waterproofs, so i guess i have an advantage over most. I've also just been out wearing a Paramo jacket which "breathes" really well, unlike my hard shells, so no sweaty clamminess at all.

As specially when we evolved with a waterproof coating that is more than adequate. :D

Not necessarily.

not many daft enough too ....

not many daft enough too ....

Not daft though is it ? when you consider (if cared for) a jacket can last several years.

Not daft though is it ? when you consider (if cared for) a jacket can last several years.

spending £300 on a jacket = daft yes

so why not spend £50 and look after it, you see a cared for jacket can last several years ! :)

I've been out in the car.

I will not drive in a coat or jacket for comfort and style(creasing), by the time i've exited my car and got my coat and placed it on i could have walked into the store and be about as wet either way.

Now if i was walking any distance or for any period of time - i.e with the dog i would adorn a waterproof coat of some nature or an overcoat.(which would be the only time i'd be out in the rain tbh)

so why not spend £50 and look after it, you see a cared for jacket can last several years ! :)

Well i did say they can be relatively inexpensive and you don't have to spend that much. :roll:

I don't mind paying what may seem a ridiculous price to some as it's also a safety tool if you will, for when out in the hills.

A Paramo jacket is easily worth the money you pay for it if you are in a situation when you use it. If you are doing anything like hillwalking in inclement weather a good waterproof jacket that performs well under many hours of continual rain is not a luxury, it's an essential survival item.