Who's been to Carcraft??

Just recently purchased a car from carcraft,the experience was not too bad at all.

Saw the car on the net,then looked around for a better deal,the car i purchased was actualy cheaper than one of the same at perrys.

It worked out quite simple,I walked in stated I wanted to look at a paticular car,told them the price they advertised it as on net and produced the print out to back it up.

I told them I didnt want the stupid 5 yrs finance and wanted it over 3 yrs,they stalled on this a little but gave in in the end.

All in all i was in and out in in 2.5 hrs with the car,7 days Comprehensive Insurance and they extended the waranty to 3 years (although probably worth nothing).

The car is nice,low mileage,one owner full service history,imaculate condition so for now I cant grumble.

I think the main factor is to show them whos in control and stay in control no matter what they throw at you.

I bought a 3yr old saxo vtr from c**pcraft a few yrs ago the book price for a 3yr old saxo is between £4500 & £5500 the total price I would have ended up paying with all the extras + finance was £16000 I realised this the next day but this was considered to late to change my mind.

:suspect::suspect::suspect::suspect: :suspect:

stay away!!

I used to work with a few mechanics who worked at carcraft, The salesmen will try to get your name,address and telephone number from you as soon as you enter the building, Using many different ploys, Like a free prize draw entry or some other lame excuse. They will then leave you to browse. Whilst your browsing your being credit checked, If your good for credit they are onto you big time, as they are not selling cars just selling finance. I have never been to carcraft and never will, But if you do go, Make sure you know the prices of the car you want and dont finance it with them. BE CAREFUL and dont get steam rollered into a bad finance agreement

my advise stay away too. Sorry to you all for being a bit nasty, but i was that mad at carcraft. stay well clear they will rob you if they get chance

Likewise sorry for the excessive sarcasm

my advise stay away too. Sorry to you all for being a bit nasty, but i was that mad at carcraft. stay well clear they will rob you if they get chance

Thanks for explanation biss, from what you say you do have a case. good luck with it, you deserve to win, I certainly would never go to carcraft.

I don't think you (Nick2) really need to sit on here commenting on everyone elses comments. I am sure Billy24 has read all the posts & decided for himself

Read all the threads. Can’t remember who wrote what, but someone early on included D.Cooke with about three other alternative dealers. Wasn’t it Cooke’s who some years ago were collared for turning back clocks?

Someone else couldn’t see anything wrong with buying privately. I can’t either — except that you’ve no legal comeback. If the vehicle is sub-standard in any way, you’ve only yourself to blame. Having said that, I always buy my cars privately and — touch wood — have bought for a fair price and without any major problems with the vehicles.

I suppose I’ve been lucky enough to find honest sellers!

I don't think you (Nick2) really need to sit on here commenting on everyone elses comments. I am sure Billy24 has read all the posts & decided for himself

But it's ok for you to comment on my comments ?

Yea i did Angel27 and gave THAT place a wide miss, i bought mah new car from a good dealer and not them sharks.

Looking for a car at below dealer prices?

Please have a look at my posting 'Cars At Below Dealer Prices' in the for sale section.

Thanks.