Did anyone attend this tea-times public meeting in Page Hall?

I'm hearing the City Council's plan is to buy off the concerns of the local community by letting them have the old library building as a community centre for next to nothing..

my brother in law live sin page hall,next to a pakistani couple.they have lived next door to each other for 10 yeras a very good ten years...no one is being racist here..its to do with quality of life..why do people hang around the shops morning noon and night..how do they find time to do this they should be out at work like the rest of us...i feel so sorry for the people whop have lived there all these years,the area is going sown the pan...it will only get worse..when i drive through that area i put my foot down and make sure the windows are closed....my sympathies page hall residents...

I don't think you can blame the landlords. They are business people, they need to make money. .

I appreciate the problems you are suffering.

This will run and run and I don't see an end to the problems, ever really. The area will get worse.

This sounds like a very high-handed attitude to me. Janet, you've made it clear on other parts of the Forum what you think of the intellectual calibre of its contributors (blokes sitting in front of their laptops in underpants). You seem very disdainful and to assume we are all racist Sun readers. You appear to offer analysis but instead you reject the solutions on offer, and counsel despair.

I think you can blame some landlords. The whole area of private renting needs regulating, to maintain decent standards, and the Council are trying to implement this in Page Hall. Surely it's worth a try?

around 10 years ago 19million was spent on the eastwood estate in rotherham , new doors ,windows, gutters, pointing etc on all 900 homes when the works was done rmbc were going to put a landlord scheme in place ...this never happened .today the mess can be seen around eastwood . today walking round the estate you would never think any money was spent on the area .

This sounds like a very high-handed attitude to me. Janet, you've made it clear on other parts of the Forum what you think of the intellectual calibre of its contributors (blokes sitting in front of their laptops in underpants). You seem very disdainful and to assume we are all racist Sun readers. You appear to offer analysis but instead you reject the solutions on offer, and counsel despair.

I think you can blame some landlords. The whole area of private renting needs regulating, to maintain decent standards, and the Council are trying to implement this in Page Hall. Surely it's worth a try?

You have quoted me out of context, tbf. The bloke in his underpants jibe was in response to someone continually disregarding an article in the Telegraph and Mail. He / she more or less said it wasn't worth the paper it was written on. My retort was that I trusted the scientists report that global warming has stopped more than someone typing away in his pants late at night.

I have said a few times that I respect any one's opinion. If only some would respect others.

Private renting is regulated by the council. Don't hold your breath, they'll not do anything.

They will pussy foot around the idea because the complaints are against one race, and they are petrified as being labelled racist. Which it is, to concentrate all resources tackling one race when there are problems with all communities.

It will get worse, and heads will roll.

A very very good question we are the city of sanctuary, said the council at the top of there voice, now if sheffield cannot house them, i have a very good suggestion where the rest should live, i think i am correct in saying Sheffield has 40,000 people on the housing waiting list. WE ARE FULL UP.

80000 and some 40000 properties.

There are twice as many waiting for council housing, than there are units of council housing...

The only solution is to increase the amount of council housing.

There are twice as many waiting for council housing, than there are units of council housing...

Exactly, and all those involved with the demolition of homes that became unmanagable because of repair costs or ASB should dig the footings.

There are plenty of us of nice private landlords in sheffield with good properties for rent . :)

Private renting is regulated by the council.

No it isn't, that's why it's called private. The Council are consulting over introducing SELECTIVE licensing of private landlords, which they only have limited powers to do.

For someone who sounds so authoritative, you do make some astounding claims. The one about the reversal of global warming was a corker. And that was based on articles in the Telegraph and Daily Mail?

There are plenty of us of nice private landlords in sheffield with good properties for rent . :)

How big is the portfolio these days Desmundo?

I appreciate the problems you are suffering.

This will run and run and I don't see an end to the problems, ever really. The area will get worse.

How will the council tackle this sensitive problem? As others have already suggested, they are too scared of taking positive action because of the potential accusations of racism. So if they cant sort it in Page Hall what will they do.

Watch out Gleadless Valley (or similar) you will soon be having new neighbours!

Just drove past page hall and it appears all the police presence along with interpreters a few weeks ago has made a huge difference (NOT). Back to the same amount of, dare i say immigrants sat on the railings and milling round the area.This proves A. they have no respect for our laws and B. it's a total waste of time putting anti social behaviour notices on lamp posts in the area written in English. Untill positive legal action is taken against the culprits they will continue laughing at the so called British justice sysyem.Ps this must the only place in England where people are allowed to park on double yellow lines and not receive a ticket.

Must stop ranting now because i have to go to work now to pay my taxes to keep those railings in good condition :rant::rant: