The parkrun thread

Bit of a rush to get from Clumber Park to Graves Park in 30 mins, is that possible? Or is the idea to miss the start of the second park run and just get a slower time?

Sheffield & Rotherham parkrun attendances for 29/11/14 -

32 - Concord

165 - Graves

116 - Hillsborough

30 - Castle

424 - Hallam.

Total 767

122 - RVp

38 - Clifton Park

Total 160

Forest Rec , Nottingham = 123. Including 2 from Sheffield. A 2 lapper with a run around a field before with a park section with a wicked hill which bites you twice. Unusually, the whole course is visible for 90% of the time.

---------- Post added 08-12-2014 at 10:35 ----------

Sheffield & Rotherham parkrun attendances for 6-12-14

Cold conditions + Percy Pud + Christmas Shopping seem to be having an effect.

33 - Concord

91 - Graves

60 - Hillsborough

29 - Castle

363 - Hallam

Total = 576

64 - Rother Valley

35 - Clifton Park

Total = 99

At Graves, 34th placed Gregory Bailey completed his 70th different parkrun in his quest to do 100 different parkruns in 100 weeks with no repeats. In hot pursuit of Jimmy O.

Yes, I've noticed that Gregory is attempting to become the first person to do 100 different events in his first 100 parkruns - quite an acheivement!

I'm up to 88 different ones now and stepping up the tourism to get to 100 early next year :)

HQ will only let you register one run on Christmas Day but doubles on NYD are allowed. I've done two NYD parkrun doubles but I had to travel a little further afield:

1/1/12 Leeds and Huddersfield

1/1/13 Leeds and Roundhay

1/1/14 Injured unfortunately

Concord, Clumber, Graves trio it is then :)

Sheffield & Rotherham parkrun attendances for 13th December

30 - Concord

136 - Graves

79 - Hillsborough

30'ish - Castle

Hallam cancelled due to ICE

Total = 275

Rother Valley cancelled due to ICE

38 - Clifton Park

Total = 38

Any one know what happened at Castle? reports of about 30

Graves picked up a few who dashed from Hallam when it was cancelled.

Sheffield Striders have invented a handicapped knock-out challenge which seems to be a great way for all abilities to compete. The rounds and draws are at parkruns. I don't have a problem with it but is it a parkrun thing?

Edited by Flanker7

Any one know what happened at Castle?

I almost made it to Castle, but car was all iced up. I'm guessing it may have been called off due to ice.

I've done it before when they've had patches of ice. Quite disconcerting on the downhill stretches when you're not quite sure exactly which bits of the path are iced up, and which bits are safe!

Anyone do Castle this week? I'd be interested also to know if it was on, and if so, what conditions where like.

Castle was on, albeit it a little slippy! Had about 30 people at a guess.

Course was generally fine, you could tell traction was low but it was pretty decent bar a couple of corners which pace came down to a slow jog around. Times were still pretty good though, winner was probably still 18.00 - 18.30 so can't have been too impacted by ice.

Sheffield & Rotherham parkrun attendances for 20/12/14.

41 - Concord

169 - Graves

86 - Hillsborough

18 - Castle

354 - Hallam

Total = 668

83 - Rother Valley

38 - Clifton Park

Total = 121

Castle did 37 last week.

The Santa effect boosted Graves to 169

Who's many are going to Concord mid week?

There seems to be two options for 1/1/15:-

North = Barnsley-Nostell Priory, 29 mins

South = Clumber - Graves, 42 mins

Damn, just realised 42 minutes travelling time will not leave me enough time to get to Graves for the start of the run!

Barnsley starting 9.00am and Nostel Priory starting 10.30am looks the best option. :)

Edited by Lederhose

Flanker7 - Sheffield Striders have invented a handicapped knock-out challenge which seems to be a great way for all abilities to compete. The rounds and draws are at parkruns. I don't have a problem with it but is it a parkrun thing?

I don't think it is a 'parkrun' thing. Its a run, not a race, and handicapping/ draws take it out of the park run set up for me. We aren't competing - its park run. Why can't people just leave things alone ;)

Happy Christmas to all runners - park run or otherwise - might see you Xmas day!

Sheffield & Rotherham parkrun attendances on 25/12/14.

141 - Concord, New Attendance Record! Increased by 50%+

Wow, The great, good and shear bonkers of parkrun gathered at Concord to indulge their habit. Better than going 'cold turkey' on the hot turkey day ;0) The addictive qualities of parkrun are more powerful than I first thought. I wish there was a 'home run' column on the results which could show where everyone came from. Were all the Sheff & Roth parkruns represented? - Graves managed at least 6 including Lily the Whippet. Plus a number of notable nomads who don't seem to have a regular parkrun home.

There was some serious kit out there in a high quality field. Many thanks to the volunteers at Concord who made the day possible and I hope this is going to be an annual pilgrimage in the future.

A Happy New Year - See you all at Graves.

Wondering if any of the Park Runs will be cancelled due to snow? Will no doubt see in the morning, maybe it will melt overnight!? (probably not)