148 - Graves

125 - Hillsborough

45 - Castle

504 - Hallam

Total = 866

- - Rother Valley

54 - Clifton Park

Total = 54

Clumber Park = 172 , (highest 177) I don't know how Clumber get these numbers stuck in the middle of 100 of acres of woods, but they do! We went too. It's well worth it for this 2 lap, tarmac and forest trails, flatish romp in the woods. The climb at the end is not to be disregarded, perhaps you have been lulled into false sense of security by the gentle gradients up to then..

Mebbe it was because RV was cancelled hence the rise in numbers at Rovrem this Saurday.

It is a nice mixture at Clumber though and probably a more scenic one once the winter sets in :thumbsup:

Went to clumber also - saw a few things - for the first time - from Waldo's article.

One of our lads was just in front of me at the finish.

He got barged out of the way in the style of a 1950's football shoulder barge by some loon desperate to move up one place.

Large number <> better events because they attract more idiots and they lose the feel of friends meeting together to go for a run.

Might do castle and rovrem more over the winter to get back to what I signed up for when I reg'd my bar code.

</rant>

Went to clumber also - saw a few things - for the first time - from Waldo's article.

Clumber wasn't a great parkrun then? Haven't done it myself yet, but it's on my list...

Worksop HM coming up soon, am wondering if there is any cross-over with the a lumber park-run course?

I'll probably do Worksop half too.

We were in Lancs this weekend and so me and the OH did Preston PR. Nice three lappet in beautiful park with one very sharp climb on each lap. Paced OH to a PB though so very happy.

Well, parkrun Hillsborough has revitalised my interest in running - did the gy 10k in a reasonable time (48 mins -not exactly electric but happy as it was my first 10k for 8 years) , and signed up for the clowne half marathon in November (though now even more pf a stretch than I was expecting, as im flying to Istanbul for work the next day - not ideal as ive no idea what my recovery will be like!).

I gota new pb yesterday (not hard really, as only the second timeive remembered my barcode. Down to 23.15 now. Also went to town today and decided to do a long run up to Worrall and back via loxley, 12k with 260 metres of climbimg. My legs will hate me tomorrow.

Clumber wasn't a great parkrun then? Haven't done it myself yet, but it's on my list...

Worksop HM coming up soon, am wondering if there is any cross-over with the a lumber park-run course?

It's almost 20 years since I did the half mara and from memory, there is very little if any cross over on the courses.

Well, parkrun Hillsborough has revitalised my interest in running - and signed up for the clowne half marathon in November

Oh not knocking it and if it wasn't for park run - I would have probably packed up running (or more likely drifted into plodding round the same course once a week). When ANYTHING becomes more popular it looses the original feeling and intentions.

From memory - Clowne half mara is usually freezing cold - have a look at the course - all the uphills are long drags and all the downhills short and steep. :D

It's almost 20 years since I did the half mara and from memory, there is very little if any cross over on the courses.

Oh not knocking it and if it wasn't for park run - I would have probably packed up running (or more likely drifted into plodding round the same course once a week). When ANYTHING becomes more popular it looses the original feeling and intentions.

From memory - Clowne half mara is usually freezing cold - have a look at the course - all the uphills are long drags and all the downhills short and steep. :D

Oh I can well imagine. I already feel a little intimidated by the high end club runners - nothing that they do per say, just seeing 20 people running such fast times makes me feel old and unfit! But still it's something to aim towards! Would be aghast if I was elbowed out the way for the sake if gaining a place.

I've been hill running to get used to the course at Clowne - should be okay - did double the climb in training yesterday than there is on the course - but then the weather was unseasonably lovely yesterday!

Oh I can well imagine. I already feel a little intimidated by the high end club runners - nothing that they do per say, just seeing 20 people running such fast times makes me feel old and unfit! But still it's something to aim towards! Would be aghast if I was elbowed out the way for the sake if gaining a place.

I've been hill running to get used to the course at Clowne - should be okay - did double the climb in training yesterday than there is on the course - but then the weather was unseasonably lovely yesterday!

BTW - If you are doing 23:15 for 5k - you will do somewhere between 1:40 and 1:55 for the half mara - depending on the weather and how you feel. This will probably put you a third to a half way down the field. There will be a LOT of people behind you...