The parkrun thread

Doncaster's a nice run - and really friendly too. Dead easy to get to, and an all you can eat breakfast for 3.99 just round the corner :)

thanks guys - I was thinking of staying in Sheff. If it is damp and murky I might go to Clumber park. Something about trees and wet grass (when it's not freezing cold...)

I found it a bit harder in reverse (my slowest ever time at Castle this week). I guess you get used to the climbs being in certain places, and doing it in reverse, they're not in those places, instead you get a whole other bunch of climbs!

Been really looking forward to this in reverse but sprained my ankle badly bouldering Friday so missed out.

Am interested to see what most peoples' times were like compared to normal. I run it in reverse quite often for "fun" & think it's easier as the hill is then a proper incline that you take note of & do at a correct pace after a huge downhill (~1/4 - 1/3 of the lap) rather than a short downhill followed by a really long uphill that doesn't look too steep so is far too easy to overcook on the first lap.

Been really looking forward to this in reverse but sprained my ankle badly bouldering Friday so missed out.

Am interested to see what most peoples' times were like compared to normal. I run it in reverse quite often for "fun" & think it's easier as the hill is then a proper incline that you take note of & do at a correct pace after a huge downhill (~1/4 - 1/3 of the lap) rather than a short downhill followed by a really long uphill that doesn't look too steep so is far too easy to overcook on the first lap.

I'm running quite slow at the moment, have been on a bit of a lull from around March this year. So, could be I'm just slow, and would have done a similar slow time, had it been run in the normal direction! Think I was around 24:15. First lap was about 30 seconds faster than the second two laps!

I was about 20-30 seconds slower. I don't like a long downhill as I can't generate enough pace to take advantage of it. The uphills don't bother me so much.

No Tourism this weekend, so I'll be at Rovrem in the morning.

Park run numbers for Saturday 9th August 2014

Graves Park - 155

Concord - 41

Hillsborough - 121

Hallam - 372

Castle - 31

Total = 720

Rotherham

Rotherham - 42

Rother Valley - Cancelled

Total = 42

Edited by barnie41

Colour me Rad!?

Graves park is the venue for one of these.

It's at 9:00 and 9:10 on parkrunday.(16th)

They cost £20 (early bird) and £33 (regular).

There is a slight overlapping of the routes.

Anyone know anything about them?

Anyone done one?

Anyone know how many do them?

---------- Post added 15-08-2014 at 08:34 ----------

Graves cancelled tomorrow (16th)

I am so angry about the way this has happened.

No consultation, from any party as far as I know.

Graves only found out when a runner noticed the date clash.

Colour me Rad!?

Graves park is the venue for one of these.

It's at 9:00 and 9:10 on parkrunday.(16th)

They cost £20 (early bird) and £33 (regular).

There is a slight overlapping of the routes.

Anyone know anything about them?

Anyone done one?

Anyone know how many do them?

---------- Post added 15-08-2014 at 08:34 ----------

Graves cancelled tomorrow (16th)

I am so angry about the way this has happened.

No consultation, from any party as far as I know.

Graves only found out when a runner noticed the date clash.

Yes, seems a bit sucky to me. Will they be closing the park to other park users during their event?

Edited by Waldo

aren't they supposed to give notice a few weeks in advance?

Re the other use of the park.

At RV - cancellations have been because of the triathlon festival - park open but people racing round on bikes and the hover craft racing.

Again park still open BUT the have hovercrafts and associated miscellany related to motorsport all over the place.

It's rare for the actual park to be shut to the public totally.

Color me Rad is described by them as 'a 5k race' and they chuck coloured powder at you at points on the course. 3,000 expected but I'll believe that after they've all turned up. The start times are advertised as 9:00am and 9:10am and their course runs counter to us. Our RD had little choice but to cancel.

I guess the park will be open to everyone else to enjoy the spectacle?

Color me Rad is described by them as 'a 5k race' and they chuck coloured powder at you at points on the course. 3,000 expected but I'll believe that after they've all turned up. The start times are advertised as 9:00am and 9:10am and their course runs counter to us. Our RD had little choice but to cancel.

I guess the park will be open to everyone else to enjoy the spectacle?

yeah that was at RV a while back. Our gig was cancelled too.