The parkrun thread

Ah yes, someone mentioned Hallam would be cancelled this week, presumably something to do with a Tramlines?

Struggling to keep motivated with the running over the last couple of months. Think it's a combination of factors, mostly the heat though. How is the heat affecting other runners? Are you doing less because of it?

I've been injured since 3rd May and just getting back to a bit of running in the last two weeks. I just try to run later in the evening now its hot - but know what you mean - if its hot during the day it can be tiring even without running.

Got to start upping it now - Great North Run in 6 weeks!

Struggling to keep motivated with the running over the last couple of months. Think it's a combination of factors, mostly the heat though. How is the heat affecting other runners? Are you doing less because of it?

Been doing a bit of Parkrun tourism tbh, Locke park, Concord and Sandal Park,Doncaster and returned to Rovrem this weekend and managed to talked into a nice 14 mile lsr on Sunday :loopy: Otherwise just been keeping ticking over as normal regardless of the weather as i'm a big believer in if you don't train in it you won't get used to it :D

I think motivation tends to come in waves. You will be right in a few weeks.

The next batch of downtime is likely to be when the clocks change and the dark and rainy nights are here.

btw - All being well - going touristique to make a Castle debut on Saturday at their first birthday party. Anyone else?

What's the parking facilities like at Castle ? May give it a go this week :)

Limited parking. I`m tempted as recovering ok after Trail Rush on Sunday.

Limited parking. I`m tempted as recovering ok after Trail Rush on Sunday.

Where is the best place to park?

I could point the car down City round and turn left to go into town.

More micro detail than that I am lost

Say's there's a free car park before/after (depending on travel direction) the Premier Supermarket on City road.

Say's there's a free car park before/after (depending on travel direction) the Premier Supermarket on City road.

There is. It`s small. :thumbsup:

There is. It`s small. :thumbsup:

I better get there early then :D

Good chance I'll do Castle this week.

As for parking, there are 2 main options. If you check out this image:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3858786/Screen-Shot-2014-07-30-at-13.25.47.png

In order of preference (for me):

A: Manor Fields car-park (a bit small).

B: Side of the Premier supermarket.

C. Premier supermarket car-park (maybe customers only).

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sheffield,+South+Yorkshire,+UK/@53.3663752,-1.437033,95m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x48790aa9fae8be15:0x3e2827f5af06b078

Good chance I'll do Castle this week.

As for parking, there are 2 main options. If you check out this image:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3858786/Screen-Shot-2014-07-30-at-13.25.47.png

In order of preference (for me):

A: Manor Fields car-park (a bit small).

B: Side of the Premier supermarket.

C. Premier supermarket car-park (maybe customers only).

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sheffield,+South+Yorkshire,+UK/@53.3663752,-1.437033,95m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x48790aa9fae8be15:0x3e2827f5af06b078

thanks Waldo - defo a keeper that map. I *may* be missing but will keep you posted.