The parkrun thread

Also did Eyam last Sunday. Way too hot for my liking! Did very poor times for both; so slow at Eyam in fact, I'm surprised the sweep bus didn't catch me!

I did Eyam as well - though to be fair I entered it as a training run, just for an excuse to get out into the Peaks and enjoy the weather. Glad I did, the atmosphere and support was great and even the hills were doable as I was holding back on the flats.

Back from Edinburgh HM weekend where I did much better than expected, in a funny way I think Eyam helped, the hills are so tough that Edinburgh seemed mentally a breeze by comparison.

Thinking I might pop along to the Hallam ParkRun at some point. I'm quite overweight and will probably get a pretty poor time (currently averaging 35 minutes on other 5K solo runs) but this does look like fun.

Go for it Archaeo!

Thinking I might pop along to the Hallam ParkRun at some point. I'm quite overweight and will probably get a pretty poor time (currently averaging 35 minutes on other 5K solo runs) but this does look like fun.

Archeo you will be knocking on the door of 32:30 within a few weeks. Do it :cool:

I did Eyam as well - though to be fair I entered it as a training run, just for an excuse to get out into the Peaks and enjoy the weather. Glad I did, the atmosphere and support was great and even the hills were doable as I was holding back on the flats.

Back from Edinburgh HM weekend where I did much better than expected, in a funny way I think Eyam helped, the hills are so tough that Edinburgh seemed mentally a breeze by comparison.

Congrats on your Eyam and Edinburgh runs Gypsy Hack! :)

It's over-training I guess. When I was in marathon training, and doing 15+ mile runs, it seemed to have a big impact on my half marathon times.

No RV for TWO weeks. (back 21st June)

Will probably be heading to Clifton park again this Sat.

Congrats on your Eyam and Edinburgh runs Gypsy Hack! :)

It's over-training I guess. When I was in marathon training, and doing 15+ mile runs, it seemed to have a big impact on my half marathon times.

Thanks! I've never run a full marathon and will probably concentrate on the shorter distances and the odd longer Peaks race for the next year or so, but my friends who do dedicated marathon training have definitely done it at the expense of shorter distance performance. I think it helps your body adapt though. I tend to do 16 miles or so as a long run as standard, as long as you are fully rested for race day and not trying to go too quick in training I think it helps for HM endurance.

Good run out at Hillsborough last weekend, bit of a breeze on the uphill but otherwise perfect running weather. Might hit Endcliffe for the first time this weekend, see how much quicker it really is!

Sheffield & Rotherham parkrun totals for 31/5/2014

57 Concord

157 Graves

93 Hillsborough

- - Castle * anyone do it this weeK?

445 Hallam

Total = 752

109 RVp

34 Rotherham Clifton park

Total = 143

No RVp for two weeks - How about a flash mob doing Sheffield Castle one week and Clifton Park the next. They are both great Roller Coaster course's.

Edited by Flanker7

No RVp for two weeks - How about a flash mob doing Sheffield Castle one week and Clifton Park the next. They are both great Roller Coaster course's.

Yeah wanna do castle but would prefer not to travel if it is off.

The facebook page doesn't seem to be very active.

https://www.facebook.com/sheffieldcastleparkrun

I did Castle this weekend. Was average numbers again I'd say. Quite a fast field it was too.

I did Castle this weekend. Was average numbers again I'd say. Quite a fast field it was too.

Latest results are 24th - usually they are updated saturday if not sunday

Latest results are 24th - usually they are updated saturday if not sunday

Yeah, it's not the first time the results for Castle have been a few days late. The run definitely happened though! :)