The parkrun thread

Had fun at Sheffield Castle today. Lovely day and decent turnout. :)

Attendances at Sheffield parkruns for 22/2/14 :-

41 Concord

153 Graves

112 Hillsborough

33 Castle

448 Hallam

------------------

787 Total

Fantastic at Graves, it felt like the first day of spring. Its amazing how much it dried out with just three good days. The only sign of last weeks tree blockage was a dent in the fence and a bit of sawdust scattered around.

Rotherham, R 43 + RV 106 = 109

Hello, I've just discovered this thread - finally a sensible, interesting thread on this forum! Anyway I'm a Graves parkrunner, though I think I'm only up to 8 runs so far. I have to juggle it with my daughter's swimming lesson at the moment. It's a fantastic event - I was there on New Year's Day and I've been there in the rain and freezing cold and love the atmosphere and cheery volunteers! I have yet to volunteer for the reason above, but hopefully at some point I'll be free on a Saturday morning every week and can get involved.

Keep up the good work everyone!

Wondering at you're name? WBA?

We have a Blue-nose regular at Graves - I'll introduce you .

. . . and stand well clear ;-)

Nope couldn't be less of a footy fan I'm afraid :-) !

Beautiful weather at Graves Park run again this morning. Looks like Spring is well on its way now.

I'm coming back from injury so I walked the beautiful Fountains Abbey course to maintain completion of all the parkruns in Yorkshire. Wonderful venue for it!

Sheffield parkrun attendances on St David's Day.

38 - Concord

145 - Graves

123 - Hillsborough

36 - Castle

421 - Hallam

Total 763

Rotherham - 30, RVp - 96 = Total 126

---------- Post added 02-03-2014 at 12:41 ----------

Yesterday had everything that makes parkrun brilliant. Rother Valley was fantastic and no wind made it quick for me as I got in the 23's for the first time in ages. A few puddles but I only had to put a foot in once on the whole course. I'm a Sth Yorks Regionaire now but its along way to go to match Jimmy O who is a full Regionaire for Yorks and Humbs.

What's Castle like as a course?..is it reasonably flat or undulating?

There are NO flat bits :) That's how it was described to me before I did it, and it's true. Well maybe a bit at the start/finish area. It's very undulating with a bit of a 'killer hill' at the finish of each of the 3 laps. A good course though, faster than Graves. I enjoyed it. Must go back some time.

It is good fun, and the 3 laps mean that pacing ought to be easy. There`s a short, sharp climb and the killer long climb that does sap you imo. I think of each lap as 4 minutes of fun and then 3 minutes on the long hill!

I'm thinking it's shorter than Graves, but around the same hill wise, that said, the one big end-of-lap hill at Castle is more of a challenge than say the hill at Graves through the animal park. It's good fun though. Running surface is good and it's great to get in a little hill training in.