The parkrun thread

We had 76 at hillsborough. Not sure why but personal results are on for each of todays runners on their page but not the full results. Support informed. We were definitely affected by percy pud tomorrow.

Hillsborough is still outstanding but the cold mornings are starting to put the bite on numbers. But Castle and Graves are holding up well.

. . . . and there's Percy Pud tomorrow. Good Luck everyone.

Castle lived up to the hype. Everyone very supportive. The course was fantastic, the long hill seemed, to me, to be 3 sections - 2 tough bits with a false flat inbetween. All three of us went faster than at Graves!

Yeah, I suspect Castle is a tiny bit shorter than 5k, while Graves is a bit longer. I always run a bit quicker at Castle too. Had a good run at Hallam, thrilled to get a PB for 5k! Hope to be back at Graves next week, wonder how long we'll have before the snow starts slowing everyone down?!

I thought the Graves numbers would be hit by Percy Pud but it was a good turnout on a lovely day for running. I had a decent run and a course PB.

Castle is definitely an easier course than Graves.

I wish Park Runs could be on a Sunday, as I can't make a Saturday.

Congrats on the course PB jemson! Pretty good conditions we've been having recently for running (dry, calm, cool). Can't you go out running with friends or running club on a Sunday pippadoll?

Well on Sundays , they do have a parkrun in Leeds but it is for kids. That is what we need in Sheffield.

Well on Sundays , they do have a parkrun in Leeds but it is for kids. That is what we need in Sheffield.

Leeds is a tad too far for a Sunday run.

Anyone do a park run this morning? I got up early to do Graves, but saw it was raining and decided against (also having some ankle issues).

Did Hillsborough - nearly didn't when i saw the rain but it stayed off for the run itself.

Cometh the hour - the rain stopped at 8:45 am - 116 at Graves enjoyed the run. Death Slide was a bit tricky (knee issues) and lost me several places on each lap. But I think that the indoor rower followed by stretching in the sauna is doing the business for it.

Anyone do a park run this morning? I got up early to do Graves, but saw it was raining and decided against (also having some ankle issues).

Did Castle today not many runners think the rain had something to do with it was ok tho fancy dress for the next 2 runs ! (optional ) :)

Well done to everyone who braved the elements and didn't wimp out like myself...

Cometh the hour - the rain stopped at 8:45 am - 116 at Graves enjoyed the run. Death Slide was a bit tricky (knee issues) and lost me several places on each lap. But I think that the indoor rower followed by stretching in the sauna is doing the business for it.

I know where you mean, the down-hill section (take a left at cow pat corner). Yeah, does get a bit precarious down there, especially in the wet!

Good luck with the knee by the way. :-)