4th July

Dunfermline

Link (roll over me to see where I go)

Lee-on-the-Solent

Tewkesbury

================

Tewkesbury - that's interesting. It's next to the Caravan Club Site which we often use for a day or two when travelling south and back with the caravan. Can see me scheduling a Friday night stopover!

Which prompts a question. Does anyone have a list of parkruns near to caravan sites? Have been to Strathclyde and have noticed one at Tredegar House in Wales, possibly Sowerby and Peterborough. Flanker?

I've only done Peterborough out of the three you mention - it's a potential PB course as nice and flat on good paths. Quite scenic too as you run around a lake.

OK cheers that's a good starter for 10. I guess its a session on theaa.com to work out the exact times to get to each.

Tewkesbury - that's interesting. It's next to the Caravan Club Site which we often use for a day or two when travelling south and back with the caravan. Can see me scheduling a Friday night stopover!

Which prompts a question. Does anyone have a list of parkruns near to caravan sites? Have been to Strathclyde and have noticed one at Tredegar House in Wales, possibly Sowerby and Peterborough. Flanker?

I'm a wild camper so sites are'nt my thing. Edinburgh was one of the best in Crammond car park. Inverness was good on the banks of the Ness. Poole was tricky with the parking restrictions near the beaches. Sorry.

Sheffield & Rotherham parkrun attendances for 27-06-15

49 - Concorde

174 - Graves

155 - Hillsborough

48 - Castle

532 - Hallam

Total = 958

199 - Rother Valley

49 - Clifton Park

Total = 201

Combined Total = 1159

Good to see Castle zipping the results in extra fast.

The Round Sheffield Run is glorious.

Next week I am forced 'away' again - Cheadle Hulme, Halifax or Dewsbury. Anyone got any intel? (Jimmy 'O'?)

Whenever I've dOne Castle (3 times) I had my result before midday .

Not done RSR but did Trail Rush last year. This time I did the cheaper option of 3 Lakes Classic! Painful.

Next week I am forced 'away' again - Cheadle Hulme, Halifax or Dewsbury. Anyone got any intel? (Jimmy 'O'?)

Cheadle Hulme is multiple laps on grass around the edge of cricket and rugby pitches - I enjoy all the parkruns I've done but it's not one that I'd hurry back to.

Halifax and Dewsbury are quite similar to each other actually - both about 3.5 laps on decent paths but with significant hills. Probably similar in toughness to Sheffield Castle I reckon Joe.

By the way, if you want to tough one-lapper with great views then head down to Gedling parkrun near Nottingham. A couple of the hills there are steeper than any others I've done in a parkrun.

Thanks for the info. Jimmy O

Wot? even steeper than Woodbank (Manc)

Woodbank is a favourite of mine with the running track start and finish makes me feel like a proper runner - and faster too!

There are also 'B' and 'C' courses for frosty/icy days when their hill is too dangerous. Mind you the downhill adverse camber turn is tricky enough on any day. I was told that the 'B' and 'C' versions are deliberately longer so that no-one gets a cheap Woodbank pb on an easier track. I like that.

I'm looking forward to Gedling and Gainsborough and Lyme Park and . . . . . . . so many parkruns , so few Saturdays.

Woodbank and Lyme Park are both top of my to do list. Watergrove near Rochdale is supposed to be one of the toughest.

Sheffield & Rotherham parkrun attendances for 04-07-15

60 - Concorde

171 - Graves

140 - Hillsborough

36 - Castle

434 - Hallam

Total = 831

163 - Rother Valley

47 - Clifton Park

Total = 210

Combined Total = 1041

Cheadle was a new course. Twice around the farmers field and three times around the rugby pitches. Single-file through knee high grass in the farmers field, no overtaking possible. Its an important skill to find your pace place before the start, see film -

https://www.facebook.com/cheadlehulmeparkrun?fref=ts

I was stuck behind a slower runner and picked up 6 places when we moved to the pitches. Not very inspiring but the first parkrun I've been to with showers. The course change was due to complaints from the cricket club who didn't like a pathway being created around their boundary. 17th/30.

Sheffield & Rotherham parkrun attendances for 04-07-15

60 - Concorde

171 - Graves

140 - Hillsborough

36 - Castle

434 - Hallam

Total = 831

163 - Rother Valley

47 - Clifton Park

Total = 210

Combined Total = 1041

Keep saying im going to start going to Hillsborough one :) never seem to be able to get to em , but credit to all that do these runs

Sheffield & Rotherham parkrun attendances for 11-07-15

55 - Concord

165 - Graves

158 - Hillsborough

44 - Castle

510 - Hallam

Total = 932

153 - Rother Valley

47 - Clifton Park

Total = 200

Combined Total = 1132

Good to see the strong showing from Clifton Park, Concord and Castle. Graves, RVp and Hillsborough in the middle ground and Hallam impressive without their students.

We were at Lyme Park, Cheshire up above Manchester, stunning views west to the city and east into Derbyshire. A group of 25/30 stags gave us a wide berth. Really tough start and finish, the bit in the middle ain't so easy either. Is there anywhere tougher? My fellow tourists showed off with a brace of seconds.

Edited by Flanker7

I'd say Lyme Park is the toughest out of the 118 I've done Joe.

Blimey! You don't hang around do you. It seemed like just the other day when you were joining the Cowell Club. My half-Cowell is still 4 away.

South Africa and U.S.A. too, any different there?