The parkrun thread

Thinking of maybe Concord tomorrow then with no Graves. How's it compare?

Thinking of maybe Concord tomorrow then with no Graves. How's it compare?

Roughly 70 % flat and down hill and the other 30 % a slight incline towards the end of the lap which you do twice :)

Whoever is organising this are absolute idiots.

They're currently throwing coloured paint all over the place including cars parked in the car park and the actual park. It needs to rain soon!

Whoever is organising this are absolute idiots.

They're currently throwing coloured paint all over the place including cars parked in the car park and the actual park. It needs to rain soon!

I don't know how I feel about that. Colour Me Rad is a for profit company, it wasn't a charity run although they given a 'portion' of the profit to charity.

It is a shame that 150 people are stopped from a taking part in a free organised run, so that people who have paid £20+ to a private company can have paint chucked at them.

To my knowledge is is around £75 to use Graves Park for a run (use of pavillion etc). Clearly there are costs on top of that, but many companies use volunteers.

I just think that maybe SCC should have said to the private company no, as the bulk of the money here goes to Colour Me Rad not the Council.

Seemed to be a fair few entrants at GP today. Queueing for Color fun on Derbyshire Lane. I did Concord which, I thought, was a decent course even if I di a poor time.

Sheffield & Rotherham parkrun attendances for 16/8/14:-

75 - Concord, Steel City Striders storm the lists.

-- - Graves, 'Color Me Rad'.

96 - Hillsborough, Higher than average attendance.

45 - Castle, Graves tourists visiting.

414 - Hallam, Students still on their home runs

Total 630

169 - RVp, New attendance record, +42

44 - Roth, The Bells ring the changes with a 3 out of 4 pb's.

Total 213

With Graves being cancelled at 07:30 on Friday their runners spread wide across the city boosting numbers. Everyone enjoyed the experience and reported a warm welcome everywhere from the parkrun family.

It is a shame that 150 people are stopped from a taking part in a free organised run, so that people who have paid £20+ to a private company can have paint chucked at them.

TWENTY QUID ...:confused: TWENTY QUID??? To run round a field??:huh:

Horses for courses I suppose :roll:

edit - and no clumber meant a swell to RV from their numbers also

Edited by sharpend

TWENTY QUID ...:confused: TWENTY QUID??? To run round a field??:huh:

Horses for courses I suppose :roll:

edit - and no clumber meant a swell to RV from their numbers also

I looked yesterday on the website and it said the first wave was sold out. Mebbe the Park run chiefs could look into it and see if we can all chuck paint at each other on a weekly basis and perhaps the numbers will rise :hihi:

On a more serious note the entries for the Bawtry Forest Trail run are now open 7th Sept.........I'm in anyone else fancy it ? A nice flatish multi terrain run around Bawtry Forest just shy of 7 miles :)

http://maltbyrunningclub.co.uk/

Also on the 21st Sept is another nice local trail run http://www.crystalpeaks-runners.co.uk/Moss_Valley_Madness.php

:)

Edited by Winemaster

I looked yesterday on the website and it said the first wave was sold out. Mebbe the Park run chiefs could look into it and see if we can all chuck paint at each other on a weekly basis and perhaps the numbers will rise :hihi:

I looked and the marketer in me noticed that they get your email address before they say how much it is...

I would want park run to stay as it is. The beautiful simplicity of doing the same course every week works for me. It's not for everyone but the "pay nothing get nothing" mentality suits me fine.

Turning it into a corporate day out - as has happened with the London Marathon, GNR etc would not get my vote...

It was actually a low number week for us at hillsborough parkrun. We have averaged 121over nearly every week last 2mnth.

Accepted - I just looked at the average numbers per week.

When is average really average? A year's worth would take in all the seasonable variations. Young runs are handicapped by their initial low attendances . . . . and old ones too, guess Bushy's current average and then talk a look . . . surprised?

On a more serious note the entries for the Bawtry Forest Trail run are now open 7th Sept.........I'm in anyone else fancy it ? A nice flatish multi terrain run around Bawtry Forest just shy of 7 miles :)

http://maltbyrunningclub.co.uk/

Also on the 21st Sept is another nice local trail run http://www.crystalpeaks-runners.co.uk/Moss_Valley_Madness.php

:)

Thanks for highlighting those two. Planning on Ashbourne HM on 14 th but might look at the MVM for week after.