The parkrun thread

Pacers at sub 19, 21, 25, 28 & 30.

I am down for 28 which I can pretty much do on feel. It's a flat course. I want to get them to 4k (just by the very bottom gate) say 22:30 and then pull them home by brute force.:D

Sounds like a great idea. I`m going to suggest this to my OH, who wants 28 mins!

Time bibs are available but I guess its a little too late for that.

How about carrying an umbrella!

I did Hudds a few months ago when they had 6 or so pacers. It was very good and even though I lagged behind my target he stopped 10 metres short of the finish line so that he could step across on the exact time . . . . enough for me to sneak up and in before him :-)

Time bibs are available but I guess its a little too late for that.

How about carrying an umbrella!

I did Hudds a few months ago when they had 6 or so pacers. It was very good and even though I lagged behind my target he stopped 10 metres short of the finish line so that he could step across on the exact time . . . . enough for me to sneak up and in before him :-)

Well I informally paced round a family member a few weeks ago for 27:30 and she ended up with 27:14 with a sprint finish so I will settle for that. Pulled a few other round too while we were at it.

Good thing to do - every 3 months or so :thumbsup:

My OH is planning on doing RV tomorrow and she`ll be gunning for a 28!

Did Guildford last Saturday while in the city visiting some southern family. Very nice event with separate briefing for newcomers, t-shirt ceremony before the start etc. Unfortunately got lost on the course - at one point you cross a field and it wasn't marked out exactly where you were meant to run so I took a significant detour round the edge on the first lap! That and the previous night's festivities made it a bit of a slog (toughish course too, probably a bit hillier than Hillsborough), but would definitely do it again if I'm ever back.

My OH is planning on doing RV tomorrow and she`ll be gunning for a 28!

I will be there about 8:30/8:40 I would guess Pete or Graham will include something about it in the briefing though

Sheffield and Rotherham parkrun attendances for 28th June 2014-

49 - Concord

100 - Graves

109 - Hillsborough

34 - Castle

377 - Hallam

Total = 669

80 - RVp

37 - Clifton Park

Total = 117

Lots of competing events wi the round sheffield stage run (not cycling!)

and Hathersage Hilly Triathlon, both went well I heard.

AND

The weather fairies throwing us a dummy, raining constantly in the 12 hours up to 8:40am and then stopping as a reward for the hardcore parkrunners ;-)

Lots of competing events wi the round sheffield stage run (not cycling!)

I did this in a pair with my mate - awesome event, brilliantly organised and will definitely do it again next year.

Did the Rovrem Parkrun as usual and also the RSR and will deffo do both again :D

Its a themed ru at Graves this week - 'Cycling & all things French'.

Now, where did I put my beret and leotard?

Its a themed ru at Graves this week - 'Cycling & all things French'.
That'll be a course record then...