The parkrun thread

Unless I'm misunderstanding either you or the parkrun setup - which is very possible, I'm not a seasoned runner - there is no chip time at parkrun, only gun time. There's no record of when an individual crosses the start line, so if you start from the back of the field, the time it takes you to reach the start line is simply lumped in to your final time.

(I've only run Sheff Hallam, but I presume the system is the same everywhere so that people can drop in to any parkrun)

You're right, I don't know what I was thinking there! Brain isn't working too well today! Yep, same system everywhere I've done it, no chip-time.

Like Jemson, I've been about 20 or 30 seconds off-time at the manor park run too.

Don`t think I`ll be parkrunning for a week or two. I`m into marathon training now and planning on doing the 3 Lakes Classic next Saturday!

Good luck for that, looks like a great race. Think my mate is racing that one too.

Didn't do a parkrun at the weekend, got my long run in instead as couldn't do it Sunday. This Saturday I'll be in Guildford so I'm hoping to be able to do the parkrun there, described as 'undulating' so I'll see what that means to people from Surrey!

I suppose I'm asking whether they (parkrun) are interested in feedback if things aren't quite working. Accepted it's not a race, but they *are* going to the trouble of timing and displaying results each week. I thought I'd make myself look like a pedant here, rather than to the organisers, just to see how it went down :hihi: I was happy with my time, I guess I'll leave it at that ;)

Remember there is park run money back guarantee. :hihi:

Nice one GH We'll see what the Southern Jessies consider tough.

I'm hope to do the third run at Watergrove, Rochdale. After an 89 and a 26 in their first two a high place finish is on the cards ;-). I'm looking forward to the three pronged course that seems to have two massive out and back 'legs' like a mutant Isle of Man logo!

Whisper it quietly - it may tougher than Graves. We'll compare notes next week.

Don`t think I`ll be parkrunning for a week or two. I`m into marathon training now and planning on doing the 3 Lakes Classic next Saturday!

Good luck with that. My knees say no to more than 10k, and who am I to argue :)

---------- Post added 17-06-2014 at 20:04 ----------

Turns out there was a wider problem with a scanner on Saturday at Hallam. The results have been revised and they've suggested anyone suddenly missing from the list get in touch on Facebook or email. So any Sheff Hallam parkrunners here might want to take a look :thumbsup:

Watergrove is beautiful and tests - top end speed, steep hill climbing and sure footedness and is about 1 minute tougher than Graves.

0% tarmac, 70% packed gravel, 10% packed everything else and ohhh yes - 20% cobble stones, old, breaking up and steep too.

A tourists dream with panoramic views of Manc, moorland and a reservoir. You have to give way to horses and sheep and if they (the sheep) are plotting an escape the volunteer shuts the gate and the runners have to handle it.

Recommended.

Watergrove is beautiful and tests - top end speed, steep hill climbing and sure footedness and is about 1 minute tougher than Graves.

0% tarmac, 70% packed gravel, 10% packed everything else and ohhh yes - 20% cobble stones, old, breaking up and steep too.

A tourists dream with panoramic views of Manc, moorland and a reservoir. You have to give way to horses and sheep and if they (the sheep) are plotting an escape the volunteer shuts the gate and the runners have to handle it.

Recommended.

I agree, what a lovely course. Probably the toughest one I've done (others reckon Lyme Park might be harder but I've not done that one yet).

Nice to meet you this morning Joe.

Good luck for that, looks like a great race. Think my mate is racing that one too.

!

Thanks. It was a good run, pretty tough in the heat but it went ok.

Sheffield and Rotherham parkrun totals for 21/06/14

34 Concord

133 Graves

126 Hillsborough

42 Castle

463 Hallam

Total - 798

109 RVp

30 Rotherham

Total 139

Meanwhile Yorkshire invades Lancashire at Watergrove's third event with an estimated 824+ runs between them:-

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203467089331450&set=a.10200483982835652.1073741835.1039736470&type=1&theater

Edited by Flanker7

Would have volunteered to be a pacer sharpend, but have an industry event I need to attend this Saturday morning. Good luck to all the pacers and runners going for PB's! Would also suggest, if you're a pacer, may help to use a Garmin or similar. :)

Would have volunteered to be a pacer sharpend, but have an industry event I need to attend this Saturday morning. Good luck to all the pacers and runners going for PB's! Would also suggest, if you're a pacer, may help to use a Garmin or similar. :)

Pacers at sub 19, 21, 25, 28 & 30.

I am down for 28 which I can pretty much do on feel. It's a flat course. I want to get them to 4k (just by the very bottom gate) say 22:30 and then pull them home by brute force.:D