The parkrun thread

Would love to do the Graves park run. What time does it start ?

There are 5 things common to everyone of the 414 parkrun's in the world:-

1. Every Saturday at the same start time in the same place.

(For England and Wales that's 9am.)

2. Same Distance - 5k

3. Timed

4. Cafe nearby for refreshments and chat

5. Absolutely FREE.

Graves Park parkrun starts near the top carpark. Entrance at the Hemsworth Road/Bunting Nook junction. Don't forget to register before Friday night if you want a time.

http://www.parkrun.org.uk/graves/

Thanks Gypsy Hack. Yep, that sounds like spot on advice. :)

Hope Humber Bridge isn't too hot this year, last few years I've done it, it's always been a scorcher!

So who braved the wet this weekend then ?

Did the usual routine at Rovrem and quite enjoyed the rain although we missed the thunderstorm at 8:50 as we all took shelter till 8:59 and legged it down to the start (Marshalls included :D) then set off after being told to hurry up as they (the race director and marshalls were going to get soaked :hihi:)

The 1st finisher spoilt the fun as he took those words to heart I think by setting a new course record of 16:58 :o

I braved the rain. Despite thunder and lightning early on, it halted and I did Shrewsbury parkrun in decent conditions. Nice course and I got a parkrun PB but still a bit off my 5k PB.

Waldo - I wouldn`t worry about times at Eyam and Buxton. It`s just an achievement to do them.

Anyone else doing Chesterfield marathon?

Just spotted this

Parkrun attendance at Sheffield Castle parkrun for 7th June = 37

National parkrunner of the week Sheffield's Jack Brannan -

https://uk-mg42.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.rand=b9ujeincjdu11#8429611952

..............and already logged on 14th June - Sheff Castle = 41

That's got to be a pb! ;-)

---------- Post added 15-06-2014 at 15:11 ----------

Sheffield & Rotherham parkrun attendances for 14/6/2014:-

43 - Concord

142 - Graves

115 - Hillsborough

41 - Castle

479 - Hallam

Total = 820

RVp - Cancelled due to another event in the park.

45 - Rotherham

Total = 45

Graves had 57 pbs including all the top 7 and 2 age group records - Good conditions but I think a very quick first five dragged them all on.

Edited by Flanker7

Some oddities in the order around me in this weeks Sheffield Hallam parkrun results; a phantom VM50-54 in the position ahead of me who definitely wasn't there on the day. Is it worth reporting these things, or is a little mistake here and there accepted as inevitable?

I doubt the mistake would impact on my time/position, the VM probably belongs further up the field judging by his times.

Edited by PandaJuggler

Some oddities in the order around me in this weeks Sheffield Hallam parkrun results; a phantom VM50-54 in the position ahead of me who definitely wasn't there on the day. Is it worth reporting these things, or is a little mistake here and there accepted as inevitable?

I doubt the mistake would impact on my time/position, the VM probably belongs further up the field judging by his times.

Was the 'phantom' just in front on gun-time or chip-time? The results are ordered by chip-time, so maybe it's someone who started 10 seconds behind you, and finished only 9 seconds behind you?

Was the 'phantom' just in front on gun-time or chip-time? The results are ordered by chip-time, so maybe it's someone who started 10 seconds behind you, and finished only 9 seconds behind you?

Unless I'm misunderstanding either you or the parkrun setup - which is very possible, I'm not a seasoned runner - there is no chip time at parkrun, only gun time. There's no record of when an individual crosses the start line, so if you start from the back of the field, the time it takes you to reach the start line is simply lumped in to your final time.

(I've only run Sheff Hallam, but I presume the system is the same everywhere so that people can drop in to any parkrun)

Edited by PandaJuggler

Unless I'm misunderstanding either you or the parkrun setup - which is very possible, I'm not a seasoned runner - there is no chip time at parkrun, only gun time. There's no record of when an individual crosses the start line, so if you start from the back of the field, the time it takes you to reach the start line is simply lumped in to your final time.

(I've only run Sheff Hallam, but I presume the system is the same everywhere so that people can drop in to any parkrun)

Yeah that's the system across all Parkruns. I wouldn't worry too much about the guy they put in front of you though. It's just a run in the park at the end of the day - if it was a 'race' it would be a different matter ;)

Yeah that's the system across all Parkruns. I wouldn't worry too much about the guy they put in front of you though. It's just a run in the park at the end of the day - if it was a 'race' it would be a different matter ;)

I suppose I'm asking whether they (parkrun) are interested in feedback if things aren't quite working. Accepted it's not a race, but they *are* going to the trouble of timing and displaying results each week. I thought I'd make myself look like a pedant here, rather than to the organisers, just to see how it went down :hihi: I was happy with my time, I guess I'll leave it at that ;)

I suppose I'm asking whether they (parkrun) are interested in feedback if things aren't quite working. Accepted it's not a race, but they *are* going to the trouble of timing and displaying results each week. I thought I'd make myself look like a pedant here, rather than to the organisers, just to see how it went down :hihi: I was happy with my time, I guess I'll leave it at that ;)

Probably happy for you to point out an obvious error but, as you suggest, maybe not too important. I got a time that was about 10 secs too quick at Manor once and I just took it with a pinch of salt. Not sure what all that about chip vs gun time has to do with parkrun tho!

Don`t think I`ll be parkrunning for a week or two. I`m into marathon training now and planning on doing the 3 Lakes Classic next Saturday!