The parkrun thread

People starting to near the front when they no intention of going any quicker than a steady jog seems to happen no matter where you go wether its Park run or any other kind of race.

The best staged start I have come across so far was the Carsington Waters race last year which had signs and notices up at the start point with your expected finish time.

From Home :D

Well - there is at least one car load from RV coming this Saturday - see you there :)

Well - there is at least one car load from RV coming this Saturday - see you there :)

Ok no worries, will be there a usual :)

Is RV parkrun not happening this Saturday?

Not this week - there's a 10k taking place that morning

Hi. I have been tonight. First time running round hillsborough park. Did a few laps. Walked a bit. Not ran for abou 6 months.

Would like to do run on Saturday mornings. But scared as I bound to be left behind ! Is it ok to walk a bit. How far is it exactly round the park ? And do you do the runs all year round even in easter hols., ?

thanks

Is it ok to walk a bit.

Certainly not! The park run police will arrest anyone found walking in the park while a run is on.

Only jokin. :hihi:

Of course it's fine to walk! Whatever suits you really. I'd say if you do walk, just beware of faster runners behind you (especially at the start). You may even just do one lap, again, whatever suits you. You'll probably find though, for most people, the distance isn't as bad as it sounds, and a combination of walk and run will see most people complete the 5k in less than 40 minutes, and feeling all the better for having done it!

Don't worry at all Beth - just come and join in and you'll see there is nothing to worry about. Park runners have all started where you are and are a really friendly bunch.

How far is 1 jog round the park. I didnt mean I would walk all the way round. Prob just 10 seconds !! Is it ok for beginners or do u recommend not. Do you do any other days ?.

How far is 1 jog round the park. I didnt mean I would walk all the way round. Prob just 10 seconds !! Is it ok for beginners or do u recommend not. Do you do any other days ?.

It's always 9am Saturdays - people on this thread go to different park runs around the region. We all use it for different reasons - the top boys are very good runners but I know people who use it as a reason to meet up and have a chat as they are going round. Kids and family join them at the end for a coffee

It's always the same course every week - so you can see how you have improved

http://www.parkrun.org.uk/hillsborough/results/latestresults/

http://www.parkrun.org.uk/hillsborough/course/

South Yorkshire is second only to London in the number of runs in the area.

Precious little is free these days - makes sense to use it...:)

Well, the parkrun at Hillsboro is 3 laps which equals 5km, so each lap is about a mile. Even if you only do 1 or 2 laps, it`s a start. I`m planning on doing the Manor one with my daughters soon and we`ll probably just do 1 lap (1 mile) and then stop.

Do you jog round the pond bit.

Think I need some more practice before it

But determined to get there