Post gone missing/ not delivered royal mail?? happened to anyone else?

Never bought anything off amazon yet that's been delivered by RM, but i'll take your word for it.

Not from Royal Mail but try Amazon the US Customer Service ethos means they have another I-pad on its way to you in 48 hours no checks no nothing, same with many Mail Order Houses. Those Catalogue Gals in Liverpool aint silly now either :D

---------- Post added 15-09-2013 at 23:24 ----------

Yes of course the item is tracked/signed hand to hand all the way so they know who took it to within a couple of people, but they thought to themselves naw lets give the guy another chance, lets leave him with the high value post, it may just have been a one off, he may reform, we'll give the guy all his money back too, we'll even let our annual bonus go on the number of offenders we take out, generous to a fault. And then co-incidence of co-incidences he nicks your SD again not one of the many hundreds passing through but just yours? Cloud cuckoo land again i'm afraid !

Not quite sure how to take your comment??

Are you calling me a liar? Taking the ****?

I tracked both items and got the same crap! "Items in transit"

Then had to wait a few weeks until i could report it..

Not quite sure how to take your comment??

Are you calling me a liar? Taking the ****?

I tracked both items and got the same crap! "Items in transit"

Then had to wait a few weeks until i could report it..

Nope just confused, and lacking any evidence whatsoever. It could even be ex-wifey getting paid three times over for all I know, and if we are making unfounded a ligations? Where did the track end? How do RM make a profit on paying out £500 on something that brings in revenue of £6 ? Why would they leave thieves in the system when they can track items better than you can ? The service quality of SD is 99.9% why would you loose two in a week, better chance of winning the lottery ? I would happily post 100 items SD from Sheffield to Glasgow and pay you £20 per item that didn't arrive if you paid me £1 for each that did. Anybody found stealing from the post is dealt severely with by the Judges. They will not give you information before a trial but it is well publicised afterwards. So maybe you should take a leaf out of their book and stop putting 120,000 posties on trial and calling them thieves without any evidence at all?

---------- Post added 16-09-2013 at 04:41 ----------

Never bought anything off amazon yet that's been delivered by RM, but i'll take your word for it.

Seriously, believe it or not they used to just bash out a replacement straight away within hours. So anyone used to getting next day delivery that put in a complaint when it did not arrive next day got another one sent to them even in snow etc.. They had to ask them to slow down their replacement system.

Like when I get next doors letters shoved through my door that clearly have their house number clearly stated on the address? Happens regularly, good job i'm honest and go post it properly.

Maybe take it back to the sorting office and if someone does make a complaint about an item missing it will be there somewhere and not "Robbed" sorry "lost" also the sender would be able to make claim to it instead of looking like a clown on ebay?

Don't do it then.

You cant make a claim after one day so lets not be silly now.

I haven't had a misdelivery complaint for years, but everyone makes mistakes now and again. Maybe you're honest, plenty aren't.

Your second paragraph doesn't make any sense. Are RM supposed to just pile up undeliverable items then search them all every time there's a complaint? Sorry, not going to happen. Put the right address on or it's tough luck, its not RM's fault you look a clown.

I don't do it, I don't do any favours whatsoever for customers because even the nicest ones will quickly complain when something goes wrong. I don't even leave parcels with neighbours.

And if you think that fraudulently claiming items haven't arrived doesn't happen you are clearly deluded, dishonest people cottoned onto the fact that anything sent without a signature is a potential free item. All you have to do is claim it hasn't arrived and Ebay/Paypal will refund every time without proof of delivery. It's why so many Ebay sellers insist on posting all items with a signature, the number of claims far exceeded a realistic figure for lost items.

---------- Post added 16-09-2013 at 21:11 ----------

That's strange, I deliver loads of Amazon packets every single day and I pack them up into my bright red RM van. Maybe I'm imagining it.

Nope just confused, and lacking any evidence whatsoever. It could even be ex-wifey getting paid three times over for all I know, and if we are making unfounded a ligations? Where did the track end? How do RM make a profit on paying out £500 on something that brings in revenue of £6 ? Why would they leave thieves in the system when they can track items better than you can ? The service quality of SD is 99.9% why would you loose two in a week, better chance of winning the lottery ? I would happily post 100 items SD from Sheffield to Glasgow and pay you £20 per item that didn't arrive if you paid me £1 for each that did. Anybody found stealing from the post is dealt severely with by the Judges. They will not give you information before a trial but it is well publicised afterwards. So maybe you should take a leaf out of their book and stop putting 120,000 posties on trial and calling them thieves without any evidence at all?

---------- Post added 16-09-2013 at 04:41 ----------

Seriously, believe it or not they used to just bash out a replacement straight away within hours. So anyone used to getting next day delivery that put in a complaint when it did not arrive next day got another one sent to them even in snow etc.. They had to ask them to slow down their replacement system.

What you on about?

What evidence should i provide?

I don't have an "ex-wifey" as you put it.

Now,lets try again shall we?

I sent money by special delivery.It cost more than the £6 you say. I saved the receipts and thought nothing of it until my ex-partner phoned me asking if i had sent it. I then went on-line and used the tracker tool.It said "still in transit" After 2 weeks i called RM and they said fill in a form from the PO (which i did) After 6 weeks i got my money back and SD refund.

A few months later i decided to give RM a second chance and guess what? It never reached my ex. So i went through the same procedure and received the same [...] excuses and apologies.

You insinuated that my ex may have stolen it and lied to me?? She would knock your head off for saying that. Anyhow.. You being an expert on RM procedures should know the postie cannot hand over SDs without the recipients signature.And you should also know that when i filled the claim form in,i had to give the name,address and phone number of the recipient..

Oh..they did call her to confirm certain details.

You also state that the SDs service quality is 99.9% Can you provide evidence of this? I don't think you can.

Edited by Jeffrey Shaw
Masked swearing snipped

What you on about?

What evidence should i provide?

I don't have an "ex-wifey" as you put it.

Now,lets try again shall we?

I sent money by special delivery.It cost more than the £6 you say. I saved the receipts and thought nothing of it until my ex-partner phoned me asking if i had sent it. I then went on-line and used the tracker tool.It said "still in transit" After 2 weeks i called RM and they said fill in a form from the PO (which i did) After 6 weeks i got my money back and SD refund.

A few months later i decided to give RM a second chance and guess what? It never reached my ex. So i went through the same procedure and received the same [...] excuses and apologies.

You insinuated that my ex may have stolen it and lied to me?? She would knock your head off for saying that. Anyhow.. You being an expert on RM procedures should know the postie cannot hand over SDs without the recipients signature.And you should also know that when i filled the claim form in,i had to give the name,address and phone number of the recipient..

Oh..they did call her to confirm certain details.

You also state that the SDs service quality is 99.9% Can you provide evidence of this? I don't think you can.

Here you go Mr Unlucky sorry it was 99% http://www.royalmail.com/access-external-capital/quality-of-service

That's the ones that are delivered next day remember, obviously a small amount are going to be late as well. The number that actually never arrive must be absolutely minute. To have two go missing is like winning the lottery, in reverse ;)