Post gone missing/ not delivered royal mail?? happened to anyone else?

I don't believe all this "stuff goes missing" crap, if its been posted into a postal system its got to be there somewhere, dodgy postal workers plain and simple. No other explanation, stuff cant just disappear off the face of the earth its impossible, if its been posted and doesn't arrive its been robbed, doesn't take a rocket scientist to work that out.

I don't believe all this "stuff goes missing" crap, if its been posted into a postal system its got to be there somewhere, dodgy postal workers plain and simple. No other explanation, stuff cant just disappear off the face of the earth its impossible, if its been posted and doesn't arrive its been robbed, doesn't take a rocket scientist to work that out.

My prize from game hull "vanished" into thin air.

My prize from game hull "vanished" into thin air.

Yeah cause it did, and i'm currently perfecting my alchemy skills in magic, to turn items into gold.

1) The item is wrongly delivered and the person who lives there keeps it.

2) Insufficient address to deliver the item, no return address on it.

3) The letter/parcel has one of the following - wrong house number, wrong street name, wrong postcode, wrong city (happens more than you'd think) - all delivered as per address then subsequently regarded as 'missing' by the sender and intended recipient.

4) The item is left in what the postie regards as a safe place (shouldn't do it without written permission but it does happen) and someone finds it before the householder does and lifts it.

I've been a postie since 1997 and all the above happen regularly.

So, what is total crap is your nonsense post. :rolleyes:

Never got birthday card from my daughter (sheff to scotland) 2weeks ago.

Maybe someone working for the PO thought money could be had out of it?

the lady who is making my wedding invites sent me a sample one 3 weeks ago ( to the correct address). It has never been delivered, i presume someone thought it was a birthday card or similar and took it.

3) The letter/parcel has one of the following - wrong house number, wrong street name, wrong postcode, wrong city (happens more than you'd think) - all delivered as per address then subsequently regarded as 'missing' by the sender and intended recipient.

4) The item is left in what the postie regards as a safe place (shouldn't do it without written permission but it does happen) and someone finds it before the householder does and lifts it.

I've been a postie since 1997 and all the above happen regularly.

So, what is total crap is your nonsense post. :rolleyes:

5) Order not fulfilled, blame RM, "cheque in post syndrome"

6) Report original item not received after one day, replacement arrives, along with original sell one of them down pub.

---------- Post added 15-09-2013 at 22:48 ----------

Never got birthday card from my daughter (sheff to scotland) 2weeks ago.

Maybe someone working for the PO thought money could be had out of it?

Report it, very unsophisticated theft, you have to steal hundreds of cards to find one with cash in it. If everybody reports them in to RM the Investigators 'pull' someone easy 'like pennies off a plate' !

Like when I get next doors letters shoved through my door that clearly have their house number clearly stated on the address? Happens regularly, good job i'm honest and go post it properly.

Maybe take it back to the sorting office and if someone does make a complaint about an item missing it will be there somewhere and not "Robbed" sorry "lost" also the sender would be able to make claim to it instead of looking like a clown on ebay?

Don't do it then.

6) Report original item not received after one day, replacement arrives, along with original sell one of them down pub.

You cant make a claim after one day so lets not be silly now.

5) Order not fulfilled, blame RM, "cheque in post syndrome"

---------- Post added 15-09-2013 at 22:48 ----------

Report it, very unsophisticated theft, you have to steal hundreds of cards to find one with cash in it. If everybody reports them in to RM the Investigators 'pull' someone easy 'like pennies off a plate' !

I know this was stupid of me, but a couple of years ago i sent maintenance money via the PO to my ex (special delivery) it never reached her. I was daft enough to do this twice and "yes" never received it. I was compensated after 8 weeks! For the amount sent and a refund of the SD charges (big deal) I wrote a very angry letter demanding to know if anyone had been caught stealing. They said they couldn't give me that kind of info...

Some thieving geet had themselves away with over £500

Like when I get next doors letters shoved through my door that clearly have their house number clearly stated on the address? Happens regularly, good job i'm honest and go post it properly.

Maybe take it back to the sorting office and if someone does make a complaint about an item missing it will be there somewhere and not "Robbed" sorry "lost" also the sender would be able to make claim to it instead of looking like a clown on ebay?

Don't do it then.

You cant make a claim after one day so lets not be silly now.

Not from Royal Mail but try Amazon the US Customer Service ethos means they have another I-pad on its way to you in 48 hours no checks no nothing, same with many Mail Order Houses. Those Catalogue Gals in Liverpool aint silly now either :D

---------- Post added 15-09-2013 at 23:24 ----------

I know this was stupid of me, but a couple of years ago i sent maintenance money via the PO to my ex (special delivery) it never reached her. I was daft enough to do this twice and "yes" never received it. I was compensated after 8 weeks! For the amount sent and a refund of the SD charges (big deal) I wrote a very angry letter demanding to know if anyone had been caught stealing. They said they couldn't give me that kind of info...

Some thieving geet had themselves away with over £500

Yes of course the item is tracked/signed hand to hand all the way so they know who took it to within a couple of people, but they thought to themselves naw lets give the guy another chance, lets leave him with the high value post, it may just have been a one off, he may reform, we'll give the guy all his money back too, we'll even let our annual bonus go on the number of offenders we take out, generous to a fault. And then co-incidence of co-incidences he nicks your SD again not one of the many hundreds passing through but just yours? Cloud cuckoo land again i'm afraid !

no checks no nothing

You sure about that? my lad bought some computer stuff from amazon which "got robbed", sorry "went missing" at the sorting office of city link, I know that from the tracking id at the time, it went along the lines of - left amazon despatch at x time and arrived at city link at x time (which incidentally was about 4 in the morning, obviously a good time to "rob" stuff, sorry "lose" stuff.

No tracking id after that and numerous phone calls to city link confirmed the item was "robbed" sorry "missing" when, I contacted amazon they did confirm with city link before sending a replacement.

You sure about that? my lad bought some computer stuff from amazon which "got robbed", sorry "went missing" at the sorting office of city link, I know that from the tracking id at the time, it went along the lines of - left amazon despatch at x time and arrived at city link at x time (which incidentally was about 4 in the morning, obviously a good time to "rob" stuff, sorry "lose" stuff.

No tracking id after that and numerous phone calls to city link confirmed the item was "robbed" sorry "missing" when, I contacted amazon they did confirm with city link before sending a replacement.

Absolutely sure worked on the Amazon account for years. They have had to clamp down because of their thieving customers. They must trust RM because they don't send them out SD even.