Post gone missing/ not delivered royal mail?? happened to anyone else?

Wasting your time on here.

Posts go missing all the time!!! :)

Edited by cgksheff

Maybe, but Consignia? And given the article contains this phrase

Postcomm said it would review the detail of Consignia's action plan for 2002/2003 for improving its service
I suspect it's not a recent article. I've searched for things before and when a DM article comes up the current date shows at the top. Though I grant you there's often a "date first published" statement.

Anyway, the delivery target for following day delivery is 98.6% with a loss of less than 1%, though I need to double-check that loss bit: also I'll try to get performance data against that target.

If RM deliver 18 billion items per year (50 million items per day averaged out), which I believe they do, that figure may be right though. It's not "losing more than they deliver" however: I know that was a deliberate exaggeration and I guess I bridled at the prospect of another RM bashing thread. I know it's a bit annoying if it's your item they lose, but come on - less than 1%!?

Edited by MrsMozzy
Added a bit

Unfortunately there are bad sellers and buyers on ebay, but if you trade with the ones with good rep( yes even that can be faked) plus take some self protective precautions then it will be ok generally. I go by the rule if a deal is too good to be true it isnt true.

Registered post for anything over £x at least.

I've had a lot more than 1% of items go missing, its a pain as much as anything.

There are very professional scammers out there which is why i have a peak at a persons activity and make my mind up.

Here you are MrsMozzy i dont think i would have believed it

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-133085/500-000-letters-week-missing-post.html

Consignia was established in 2001 in 2002 it became Royal Mail Group so that dates these figures to that time, i.e. 12 years old. The livery on the van backs up this date. Postwatch merged with Consumerwatch in 2008 and Postcomm no longer exists. Back to the drawing board.

Consignia was established in 2001 in 2002 it became Royal Mail Group so that dates these figures to that time, i.e. 12 years old. The livery on the van backs up this date. Postwatch merged with Consumerwatch in 2008 and Postcomm no longer exists. Back to the drawing board.

Thats why i posted a more up to date link,

Even if the guy hasn't posted the item out by a recorded method of delivery. He can quite easily obtain a proof of postage receipt from the post office when he handed over the parcel.

For a seller posting an item out to a buyer, there really is no excuse for not obtaining a proof of postage receipt. Infact on the few occasions I've posted items out I've sold on ebay by non recorded delivery, the post office assistant has entered the delivery address onto my postage receipt automatically.

I regularly sell things through eBay but send through standard post when mailing to buyer & I am still always given a receipt as proof of postage without asking for it. I would suspect this is a dodgy seller.

With regards to the daily mail article even if those numbers are correct 500,000 isn't much in a week compared to the billions that are actually sent every week in this country, furthermore it states that reasons for non delivery include addresses not being written correctly so hardly royal mails fault. I worked as a Christmas casual a few years ago & it shocked me how many people just write Bob, Chapeltown Sheffield on the envelope. Please tell me how royal mail can actually find that person to deliver to, and even if Bob tried to find that lost mail how could he be verified as the correct recipient. I completely understand that there are some rogue postmen however considering how many staff royal mail have these rogue postmen make up less than 1% of the workforce.

Something must be going on, my partner has ordered something from Ebay (genuine seller) and we have been waiting for the item for ages and decided to contact the seller who has advised that the item has gone missing after posting it with royal mail but he is happy to send a replacement. So I guess it is royal mail that is responsible for all this.

You can't trust or rely on anybody these days.

Thats why i posted a more up to date link,

still a very old story, adam crozier has not been in royal mail for years!