Post gone missing/ not delivered royal mail?? happened to anyone else?

live in s2 ordered couple of things over last couple of weeks, one not been delivered and some mail comes through letter and looks like its been tampered with/ opened and re-sealed. just wondering if other ppl having similar experiences??

live in s2 ordered couple of things over last couple of weeks, one not been delivered and some mail comes through letter and looks like its been tampered with/ opened and re-sealed. just wondering if other ppl having similar experiences??

Report it to Royal Mail

Report it to your delivery office with dates of expected delivery or actual delivery & they can monitor who should have been delivering on your street & if similar complaints have been made about that person. If there is an issue they need people to tell them so they can properly investigate.

We have this a lot in S14, I reported it and the postman was taken off our round, he even posted next doors recorded sign for mail through our door once! Royal Mail seem pretty rubbish these days and tend to 'lose' more post than they deliver!

Royal Mail seem pretty rubbish these days and tend to 'lose' more post than they deliver!

Seeing as they deliver more than 16 billion items in a year, that's a hell of a lot of mail they're losing! :roll:

Thanks for all replies so far... Reported the letters couple of weeks ago and theyre investigating them...the parcel however is suppose to be coming by standard parcel but has been two weeks. Called royal mail said they cant trace it as not special delivery or signed for...the sender is adamant its been sent and that I must have received it?? So really I cant claim as sender wont give me the sending details and royal mail cant trace...so lost out, so il have to to get paypal to investigate....

---------- Post added 05-09-2013 at 20:58 ----------

But really could be either way...a dodger sender or royal mail fault as had problems with letters...so dont know exactly where the faults can lie??

Sounds like it's an eBay purchase, in which case whether the seller argues or not, open a not received case against them, they can make a claim against royal mail as the sender, you can't as the recipient, so they could effectively win twice. You only have 45 days so I'd get a move on, and trust me, eBay will side with you...

Vonney the responsibility is on the sender to provide proof of posting and even then he should have sent it recorded. If you did it via ebay you will get your money back as its included. If you did it via paypal you will get your money back. I did this and it took about a month.

Vonney the responsibility is on the sender to provide proof of posting and even then he should have sent it recorded. If you did it via ebay you will get your money back as its included. If you did it via paypal you will get your money back. I did this and it took about a month.

Spot on answer, I run a mobile phone repair business from home and a good 70% of that is ebay, I had a customer last year claim that I had stolen his phone after I had posted it back to him Recorded delivery, pans out the postie on his side had delivered without obtaining a signature, He saw an opportunity to pull a fast one, and I called his bluff. I fought him all the way and provided all the proof needed, and as soon as I requested he reports the phone stolen, blocks the IMEI and gets a crime reference number, he went quiet and ebay backed me, but took some fighting I can tell ya...so as you can see, even genuine cases with proof of postage and all the evidence required still have a fight on their hands, if the seller can't provide you with anything, they wont have a leg to stand on, you'll be refunded everything within 3-4 weeks.

On that note though, please don't see it as an opportunity to abuse the system, happening far too much and genuine sellers are becoming a rarity.

Thanks again for all replies...i asked the seller for any receipt details so I could have proof he sent it... Just ignored me and kept saying he would sort it...had open case with paypal for 3 days and he has replied to them with any proof yet...and to send by standard parcel for goods worth 50 pounds seems strange...wouldnt they have sent it signed for or recorded??

It does seem strange, but some people are are either:

• Very rich
  • Very stupid
  • Very naive
  • Very trusting

Example, many of my suppliers send hundreds of pounds worth of stock by 1st class standard mail, I wouldn't dream of ripping them off. I once sold a pair of mothercare dungarees in my early days of eBay and was naive enough to do the same, only £12 was claimed against that they didn't turn up, lost out and that was that, 6mths later the buyer was selling them and I informed ebay, they didn't want to know.

So not necessarily a fair pop at Royal Mail then? When I get two minutes I'll post the stats of how much mail does go missing, and it's nothing like some people would have you believe (although I'm guessing there'll be plenty who will dispute them).