Is the country full up

I am worried about immigration. Can the country really cope with more people coming to live here.

Build an extension

Never thought of that. Good idea.

I am worried about immigration. Can the country really cope with more people coming to live here.

No, we can squeeze many more people into the country as long as some people don't mind their quality of life deteriorating.

No it isn't full up. Why do you ask?

No it isn't full up. Why do you ask?

It's an edict from Propaganda Central ;)

If you look on Google maps from high up there's much more green unbuilt on, unpopulated land than builton populated land, so geographically no, we're not full up; in the builton areas though we are getting pretty full up.

I know unbuilt and builton aren't actual word's but they should be.

of course "the country" can cope - i'm not so sure about some of its inhabitants though

From a 'space' point of view... No.

From an infrastructure (Quality living) point of view... Yes and we were full up years ago.

I seem to recall a 'fact' (whether true or not is hard to prove either way) that the entire worlds population could fit (Technically) standing room only on the Isle of Wight. :suspect:

From a 'space' point of view... No.

From an infrastructure (Quality living) point of view... Yes and we were full up years ago.

I seem to recall a 'fact' (whether true or not is hard to prove either way) that the entire worlds population could fit (Technically) standing room only on the Isle of Wight. :suspect:

Agree. Not sure about the Isle of Wight bit but it rings a bell. Does anyone drive around the roads of this country and go "wow isn't this motorway quiet?" on a regular basis? Maybe they've got kids and think "look at all those spaces at half decent state schools! How ever shall I pick?" Ditto everything else, including, if you live in south east, water. Its not just climate change that causes droughts, its stupid levels of water extraction. Move to the highlands of Scotland but don't whinge when you can't get anything apart from sheep, trees and a very shallow gene pool.

Is the country full up ? Well, hang on a minute ; as soon as I get this bloke's elbow out of the way, I 'll try and answer that. There 's 3 of us squashed up in this hospital bed [ no details, sorry ] and mealtimes are a nightmare.

We saw a doctor last week. He didn 't have time to speak or anything-----we just saw him.

My kids were coming to visit me this evening but they're on the night shift at school this week.

They say a woman in the neighbouring ward nearly suffocated 2 days ago on a bus and Heathrow 's gridlocked again.

I can 't understand all this overcrowding. Why don 't a few million go and live on Dartmoor or the Lake District ? Too selfish to ' up-sticks ' I suppose.