Whats chaucer school like

Carlas_cat.My daughter attended Meynell school as well as Chaucer with your son and I agree with your post.In both schools bullying is swiftly swept under the carpet and ultimately if anything is done its only to persecute the BULLIED and not the BULLY.I hope your boy is happy at his present school.:thumbsup:

I'm not sure who you are, but thank you. He is happy at his new school. Believe it or not, he has been there since October of last year and not had a problem. It was never my lads fault, even though the school did their very best to blame him for being different due to him having dyspraxia and aspergers (albeit mildly). And the senco are non existent once they start school. As you can probably tell I'm still very angry with what happened to my son. He didn't deserve any of it. Thankfully everything happens for a reason and he is now a very happy 12 year old.

I'm not sure who you are, but thank you. He is happy at his new school. Believe it or not, he has been there since October of last year and not had a problem. It was never my lads fault, even though the school did their very best to blame him for being different due to him having dyspraxia and aspergers (albeit mildly). And the senco are non existent once they start school. As you can probably tell I'm still very angry with what happened to my son. He didn't deserve any of it. Thankfully everything happens for a reason and he is now a very happy 12 year old.

Glad to hear that.Next time i see you I will make myself known to you,you will remember me,.I remember sitting next to you on the day of the uniform check just before they started Chaucer.

i went to chaucer school from 2003-2008 and would say that it wasn't all that bad but thats when it was mr robinson as the head teacher. My younger brother went there last year for a week and changed to yewlands as the bullying from the older kids was discusting the new head teacher who is also head of tapton school is said to not tolerate bullying in either of his schools but if you ask me he doesn't know what happens behind closed doors. there for my opinion of the school has changed

I was there in the mid to late 90s - it's a freaking hell hole. I was bulled from day 1 to day of leaving. Teacher did NOTHING. I happen to know bullying continued to others after I left.

If it has changed or not, I wouldn't place a bet on it.

How long ago were you there SqueakyPete? Things can change over time.

How long ago were you there SqueakyPete? Things can change over time.

Exactly, I went there 25 years ago. Never had a problem. In fact I quite enjoyed school. I felt quite uneasy about my son going there though. Guess times change, and Chaucer school certainly had.

And what you do need to remember is bullying happens in every school. Its how the school deals with it makes the school good or bad. My son was attacked in class by 3 boys. At the end of the lesson the teacher allowed the boys to go and kept my son back "so they don't get him in the corridor". During the investigation regarding my complaint the school was unable to discuss this with the teacher as they were on long term sick. How convenient.

Chaucer is either unwilling or unable to control what happens either in lessons or at lunch/break times. They would sooner pin the blame on the victim. They even have "conflict resolution" where the child who is attacked is "taught how to deal with being attacked". The girl who had this was also removed from Chaucer by her parents.

I feel really sad that my son now has to travel to the other side of Sheffield to go to a school that ensures he is safe due to their zero tolerance to bullying. He should have been able to go to his local school, just like I did when I was a kid.

Edited by carlas_cat
typo

I made it 5 years through the hole too unfortunately, my sister however did not, she had to move school due to bullying, i never got bullied but even so I would not even consider placing my son there, and as to all the people who will reply with argumentative comments, this is just my opinion, which I am entitled to, and I will not grace any 'lash-backs" with a reply.

Hope this helps OP

It does amaze me that so many of us can't be wrong. I don't know whether to be relieved that I wasn't the only one, or shocked that the bs still happens with said school, over 15 years later.

I made it 5 years through the hole too unfortunately, my sister however did not, she had to move school due to bullying, i never got bullied but even so I would not even consider placing my son there, and as to all the people who will reply with argumentative comments, this is just my opinion, which I am entitled to, and I will not grace any 'lash-backs" with a reply.

Hope this helps OP

My point exactly!

I went to Chaucer....straight A student. The education is there if you want it.

I went to Chaucer....straight A student. The education is there if you want it.

:thumbsup: