S6 nights out , local pubs/meals

Hi All

Recently moved to north sheffield , wadsley bridge area and would be good to have recommendations or not ,of nights out / pub meals / food /takeaways in this area.

Been in wetherspoons , hillsborough etc and wadsley bridge wmc.

Are there any other good food/ pubs/ takeaways in the area.

Thanks in advance

New Barrack Tavern is excellent

I really like the Queens as well.

Not been in for a while but used to like the Yew Tree.

Thanks senwar.

Yeah, been in barack tavern , good range of ales in there, is the food any good? Anybody know.

Apologies, as I'm from the south of sheff.

Wheres queens and yew tree??

And do they do food aswell??

Cheers

Edited by 1867pw
Spelling

Thanks senwar.

Yeah, been in barack tavern , good range of ales in there, is the food any good? Anybody know.

Apologies, as I'm from the south of sheff.

Wheres queens and yew tree??

And do they do food aswell??

Cheers

I've not eaten in there myself so can't comment. Good ales though as you say. If you like your ales, I'd still head out a little further towards Kelham, all within easily travelling distance.

The Queens will be a bit of a marmite pub but I really like it. Its on Langsett Road but you can get to it through Hillsborough Barracks - its basically just down from Morrisons entrance - or the next pub up if you turn right out of Wetherspoons.

Yew Tree is at Malin Bridge - so as far along as you can go on the tram and a minute or so walk from there. Food used to be nice in there.

try the cow and calf at grenoside for drinks not sure if they do food though The pheasant at the bottom of foxhill road always looks fairly busy and they advertise sunday lunches The Fox further up is trying to be good pub but not sure if its working! The bottom red lion at grenoside do cheap lunches and The park at the bootom of wadsley lane is a bit rough round the edges but not bad

Darbaar's on Middlewood Rd is good, also Burton Restaurant on Burton Street (only opens about once a week / month though?). Like the Hillsborough Hotel on Langsett Rd too, and they do decent pub grub.

Edited by Maz3

Try the Wadsley Jack on Rural Lane, good food and very reasonable prices. The

locals are also friendly.

princess royal on slinn street great little pub & really friendly regulars, sort of on the border between s6 & s10

The best Chinese takeaway in the area is (IMO) Sang Lung which is by the top of Hillsborough Barracks. It's not the cheapest, but the food is usually lovely.

If you have transport then the Old Horns at High Bradfield does very good value meals and the same company have now taken on the Plough at Low Bradfield too. If you're going you do need to book to make sure that they have space for you though.

Having visited nearly every pub s6 area for a sunday lunch all were full or dont accept dd, we chanced upon the wadsley jack. Thank god we did, exellent service, good local beer and a dinner to die for. Beef not processed roasted parsnips coli cheese and the regular veg, and to top it off homemade yorkshire puds.10/10

Did you try the walkley cootage,they do good home cooked food and good beer