Sports Writers Required

Hi everyone

I am looking for dedicated Owls and Blades fans that are interested in sports journalism to join me on a web project covering South Yorkshire football. I'm looking for someone who wants to write about the latest news, views and results at their club and also that would want to participate in a weekly podcast that would go up on the website too (if you've ever listened to The Football Ramble, I would love to do something like that focussed on South Yorkshire football). I'm looking for at least one fan from each of the big five South Yorkshire clubs to contribute.

The reason I am doing this is because I want to pursue a career in sports journalism, and need the experience. I have interviews lined up with some of the local clubs, mostly non league and this is an opportunity to build a network of contacts. I am looking for someone who is passionate about writing and about sports. Most importantly, I am looking for someone I can build a good, trusting and working rapport with.

I will be covering Rotherham United's content and material, but I am based in Sheffield.

It goes without saying, this is an unpaid position. I am treating it as an opportunity to build my CV and network and to try and make something happen for myself. The thought is that a group of like minded individuals could get together and create something that other fans of South Yorkshire clubs would want to read on a daily basis.

There are other opportunities to get involved and build your CV. If you want to lend a hand to things like photgraphy, web build, design, social media, etc. please feel free to reply.

My interest is not really to create a communicty/forum. There are plenty of those, including this one, around South Yorkshire. I will be linking from the website to this fine community

Please PM me or email me at [email protected] and I will get back to you, show you the site I have designed so far and we could have a chat and see if we could work together.

Thanks

Paul

---------- Post added 04-09-2013 at 14:44 ----------

Any Doncaster and Barnsley fans also welcome to join. If you happen to be reading Sheffieldforum.co.uk :)