Cat Abuse Treatment Society - seeking forever homes - 3/9/13

As many of you are aware, our beloved Patron, Jackie Longley, passed away on Sunday 11th August 2013. The Sanctuary is located on the back garden of Jackie's home which is Council property. As such the Sanctuary must be dismantled, and Cat Abuse Treatment Society (in accordance with Jackie's wishes) shall not continue in its present form.

As such, the Trustees are seeking responsible and suitable forever homes for the resident cats.

If you believe you can offer one of these wonderful cats who permanently resided at the Sanctuary a forever home, please follow THIS LINK to the official website's adoptions page and follow the instructions there. You will also find a list of the resident cats and information regarding them and their special needs. For further information also complete the 'Contact us' form and a Trustee will contact you in due course enabling you to discuss the matter.

Timewasters need not apply.

Thank you xxx

Ahhh....the cats sound lovely :love: Good luck with the rehoming. They must be really missing Jackie.

Ahhh....the cats sound lovely :love: Good luck with the rehoming. They must be really missing Jackie.

There are at least five on the list I would adopt in a heartbeat, including one who was my first rescue with Jackie. Sadly I'm not in a position to take home any more than my two fur babies who were also rescued by Jackie and Cat Abuse Treatment Society.

Please help by spreading the word xxx

What a shame you are discounting homes with children and dogs. That looses an awful lot of potential homes!! Good luck in finding places.

What a shame you are discounting homes with children and dogs. That looses an awful lot of potential homes!! Good luck in finding places.

Actually it is a shame because the sanctuary cats were used to a quiet dog and would probably adjust to another.

The decision was made to exclude homes with children and dogs as many, if not all, the cats have not come into contact with children or dogs. Lady, Jackie's beloved dog, passed away in 2009, and cats which lived peacefully with her are no longer at the Sanctuary.

Rest assured this decision was not made lightly.

Thank you xxx

The decision was made to exclude homes with children and dogs as many, if not all, the cats have not come into contact with children or dogs. Lady, Jackie's beloved dog, passed away in 2009, and cats which lived peacefully with her are no longer at the Sanctuary.

Rest assured this decision was not made lightly.

Thank you xxx

Oh sorry I had thought that Jackie had got another dog, it is a shame for them, how are things going with them? any new homes found yet?

Oh sorry I had thought that Jackie had got another dog, it is a shame for them, how are things going with them? any new homes found yet?

Sadly Jackie was so upset by Lady's passing that she chose not to get another dog. Even when Lady was alive she never went down the Sanctuary.

We have had a few enquiries but we still need people to come forward, Moonbird xxx

---------- Post added 05-09-2013 at 16:49 ----------

As each of the resident cats is rehomed the information on the official website's adoptions page will be updated xxx

I wonder if it would be worth contacting The Star to see if they would run an article about all the cats that now need new homes?? If the Sanctuary is due to come down very soon, it might be a good way to get the message across to even more potential homes out there.

I wonder if it would be worth contacting The Star to see if they would run an article about all the cats that now need new homes?? If the Sanctuary is due to come down very soon, it might be a good way to get the message across to even more potential homes out there.

I've been informed that the Trustees are already considering this option in the event that prospective owners do not come forward. At present they are advertised on the official website, the official Facebook page, and Sheffield Forum, as well as via word of mouth.

---------- Post added 06-09-2013 at 20:44 ----------

In order to raise funds to continue the care and welfare of the cats still resident at the Sanctuary, the Trustees are holding table top sales on both Saturday 7th & Sunday 8th September 2013. Please follow the Link for details of the times and location.

IMPORTANT - Jackie's neighbours are still grieving for the loss of their good friend, therefore NO ACCESS will be permitted to the Sanctuary, or to the rear of the houses. We ask that you respect their privacy through compliance with these notices.

Thank you xxx

Good luck with rehoming.

I think cats can get used to older children so that decision is a very silly one. I have a 7yr old in my family who is quiet and gentle and loves animals as many people will do. I also knew Jackie and once helped with lady.

Good luck with rehoming.

I think cats can get used to older children so that decision is a very silly one. I have a 7yr old in my family who is quiet and gentle and loves animals as many people will do. I also knew Jackie and once helped with lady.

I think that the Trustees are following Jackies own method of rehoming the cats, which really would be the right thing to do, it is how she wanted things.