Resurfacing Updates

They have only patched my streets pavement up and it is not level. One slab they have replaced rocks if you stand on diagonal corners.

What did they say when you reported it?

They have just started doing my street in Ecclesfield. The residents got one days notice and several cars were towed off. They haven't turned up since last Thursday, the road is half done. Also knocked my external gas meter with the bucket of a JCB - smashed the box straight off the wall, then tried to put it back on and secure the gas pipe they had bent with gravel. Luckily my neighbour saw them do it and alerted me, as the council/Amey didn't - had to get Transco out on the emergency number.

I hope they get round to doing Mill road at Ecclesfield, it's shocking.

That's pretty poor, every road I've seen them do so far the signs have been up well in advance. We had a letter through the door detailing the schedule, then the signs went up around 2 weeks before they actually started. Ours is a long road, around a mile, and they've just about finished it in two weeks with very little disruption at all.

Amey get a lot of stick on here, so it's only fair they get praise when they do something right!

They did a couple of false starts on ours - putting the "7am to 7pm no parking" notices on lamp posts, then not actually coming. Not too bad for me as I park on a drive, but inconvenient for those who have to park on the road. But once they came (after giving us individual letters), they were fine. No complaints here.

From their website .... **Please also note that today is Tuesday 16 June ** this has already started no buses on Birley spa or occupation lane today!!!

Stage 5A - Closure of Birley Spa Lane & Occupation Lane; Thursday 18 June only

(0700 to 1900)

On the above date and during the times shown, buses will not be able to serve Birley Spa Lane or Occupation Lane. This is because of the closure of the section between Delves Drive and Main Street, and the full closure of Occupation Lane.

During this time;

Service 42 will operate normally to Wickfield Road, but will then turn LEFT onto Dyke Vale Road, right on Normanton Hill, right along Mosborough Parkway, right up Moss Way and then as normal. Customers should note that Dyke Vale Road will only be partially served (for bus stops - the old terminus will be used for "To City" buses contrary to normal) before resuming normal route at Silkstone Road.

Service 120 will operate via Birley Moor Road, Sheffield Road and Beighton Road before resuming at Moss Way.

Unfotunately, because of these works, we are unable to serve customers on Birley Spa Lane at all, nor those on Occupation Lane - those wishing to access services should use bus stops at Dyke Vale Road bottom, Silkstone Road, Beighton Road, Sheffield Road or Birley Moor Road.

The fact that they are unable to serve customers on Birley Spa Lane at all, nor those on Occupation Lane is unbelievable, Hackenthorpe has a large majority of OAPs and due to the planning of the resurfacing they have essentially stopped them from being able to travel with ease.

From their website .... **Please also note that today is Tuesday 16 June ** this has already started no buses on Birley spa or occupation lane today!!!

Stage 5A - Closure of Birley Spa Lane & Occupation Lane; Thursday 18 June only

(0700 to 1900)

On the above date and during the times shown, buses will not be able to serve Birley Spa Lane or Occupation Lane. This is because of the closure of the section between Delves Drive and Main Street, and the full closure of Occupation Lane.

During this time;

Service 42 will operate normally to Wickfield Road, but will then turn LEFT onto Dyke Vale Road, right on Normanton Hill, right along Mosborough Parkway, right up Moss Way and then as normal. Customers should note that Dyke Vale Road will only be partially served (for bus stops - the old terminus will be used for "To City" buses contrary to normal) before resuming normal route at Silkstone Road.

Service 120 will operate via Birley Moor Road, Sheffield Road and Beighton Road before resuming at Moss Way.

Unfotunately, because of these works, we are unable to serve customers on Birley Spa Lane at all, nor those on Occupation Lane - those wishing to access services should use bus stops at Dyke Vale Road bottom, Silkstone Road, Beighton Road, Sheffield Road or Birley Moor Road.

The fact that they are unable to serve customers on Birley Spa Lane at all, nor those on Occupation Lane is unbelievable, Hackenthorpe has a large majority of OAPs and due to the planning of the resurfacing they have essentially stopped them from being able to travel with ease.

Buses were running as normal on Birley Spa Lane this morning until 7am and have been running again since 2pm (I got home from work at 1.30 and the road was fully open). As soon as the roads have reopened (which has been before 2.30pm every day on Birley Spa Lane) buses have returned to their normal route. In that time all side roads have been accessible anyway so there have still been plenty of ways to detour around the closures.

It's been a few hours a day. Nobody has been trapped for weeks, I was speaking to a couple of workers the other day and asked if they'd had many complaints from residents whilst they'd been doing our road. They said (surprisingly) they'd had none at all and people were just glad to get a new road surface!

The top part of Bannerdale Road is in need of repair, Is there plans for the road to be re-surfaced?

Has anyone else been caught out by the road resurfacing around the train station and The Leadmill?

I went to get the penultimate 120 of the night from this area and saw the whole road sectioned off.

I ended up walking up past the flats and up Duke Street to the top of Granville Road where I managed to happen across a 120.