Negligence of vet..

The vet who took the bloods is leaving the practice at the end of the week, make of that what you will.

Speaks volumes. Demand to speak to the head vet (practice owner?) - threaten them with the media!

Happy to hear yr dogs having good treatment now, hope she has a speedy recovery

Sorry, but I really don't see how it's the vet's fault? Surely any kind of break in the skin, be it anything from a tiny needle to an operation is open to infection. Provided the needle was clean it is in no way the vet's fault.

If it was my dog I'd be more concerned about getting her treated, than leaving her to suffer while I whinged about money

I've been very happy with the person who I regard as the main vet there, his treatment of my (many) cats and me has been execellent. However we moved from there because if we couldn't get an appointment with that particular vet we seemed to see a random assortment of different people whom I felt much less confident with. We've moved to millhouses vets4pets where, although we have a favourite vet, we're happy to be seen by any of them.;

Interesting to note that if a dog becomes ill after seeing a vet that no one should be held accountable, that it's one of those things.

Maybe the NHS should adopt a similar stance.

Interesting to note that if a dog becomes ill after seeing a vet that no one should be held accountable, that it's one of those things.

Maybe the NHS should adopt a similar stance.

um ... to be fair ... most of us are already ill if we're going to see a vet or the nhs .. otherwise why would we make an appointment?

Sorry, but I really don't see how it's the vet's fault? Surely any kind of break in the skin, be it anything from a tiny needle to an operation is open to infection. Provided the needle was clean it is in no way the vet's fault.

If it was my dog I'd be more concerned about getting her treated, than leaving her to suffer while I whinged about money

She has been treated every two days and is now on antibiotics so I have not left her at all to suffer while I "winge" about money.

My dog was perfectly fine when she walked through those vets doors and was just going down for an old lady check up as she is 12, she walked out with a large shaved area which then turned septic and infected, in my opinion the core result of this infection lies with the vet for taking the bloods without swabbing her down. As it happens, the bloods were fine and after speaking with the head vet were unnecessary at the time in the first place.

um ... to be fair ... most of us are already ill if we're going to see a vet or the nhs .. otherwise why would we make an appointment?

Possibly but not always the case. Either way, we don't expect to be worse for doing so do we and if it was one of my own dogs, I too would be aggrieved that they developed a problem from having done so.

Have you seen the link below? http://findavet.rcvs.org.uk/complaints/i-want-to-make-a-complaint/ Your situation might not be serious enough but might be worth a try if you are still unhappy with how the vet have dealt with your complaint...

You have done the best thing by moving vets though, you need to be happy and trust the vet treating your dog :thumbsup: