Sewing Lessons Starting September

Hi everyone, just to let you know that I will have more available slots from 23 September onwards for Private or Group sewing lessons. :):):)

details below (also facebook group - Kay's Sheffield Sewing School)

Private Sewing Tuition

Individual / group sewing lessons in your own home or venue

 Would you like to learn to sew using a machine?

 Don’t know how to begin?

 Don’t have your own machine?

 Like to make your own clothes / Gifts?

 Like-minded friends or on your own?

Then why not invite me to your home/workplace etc to teach you sewing!

I am friendly, approachable, a non smoker and don’t mind lots of questions! Lessons tailored to your own needs, so you get exactly what you want.

I can cover the following:

 Teaching sewing from Complete Beginner

 Covering basics, fabric choice, mini projects, Introduction to machines etc.

 Intermediate – perhaps you are struggling with a project and need help?

 Advanced – Making your own clothing using commercial patterns from start to finish

 Own machine not necessary (but great if you do!)

Contact Kay on 07941 205930 to book your lessons.

Cash or cheque preferable on the day,

Rates start at £30 for two hour lesson, reductions for groups.

I've had a quick look at your facebook site and the craft stuff is lovely but can I ask what your background is?

I am looking for some dressmaking lessons. I have my own sewing machine which I can use for basic functions, eg have made my own cushion covers and curtains in the past and have made basic skirts for myself and costumes for fancy dress and followed patterns on occasion to do so, but I am wanting to make a dress for a special occasion and it needs to look good, not homemade!

I can see you offer lessons on using commercial patterns, but would you be able to teach me how to make/adapt patterns? I have an idea of what I want to make, but can't find an existing pattern. I have a dress that fits nicely and I would like to copy the style of, and have seen patterns that have a similar skirt but not the crossover top. Is this something you would be able to help me with?