Sheffield Town Centre What a Dump

not if they're not made in China .good Leicester ones like Marks & Spencer use to be the ones never saw anyone get mad in those:hihi::hihi::hihi::)

Last time I heard 'China' and 'knickers' in the same line, it was being sung by George Formby.

Yours truly

Mr Woo.

The cleanest part of Sheffield City Centre are the litter bins.

Last time I heard 'China' and 'knickers' in the same line, it was being sung by George Formby.

Yours truly

Mr Woo.

Good one u must be like me pushing 80,got all of George's songs on this computor:cool::cool:

Good one u must be like me pushing 80,got all of George's songs on this computor:cool::cool:

Pushing 80? Been there, done that.

Blimey! What a political hot bed this has turned into - all because of a simple statement expressing concern about the demise of the market (I share that sentiment but pause to await the new one)

I last walked down Fargate in 2006 and was really saddened by the degeneration but, from what I read online, that is not peculiar to Sheffield and it seems that even the Mary Portas scheme hasn't worked.

Fingers crossed that the new market might regenerate an interest in good food and fresh fish and the opportunity for families to eat good food at a fair price.

Yes it may be a shabby place to be, filled with cheap shops; but sorry not everyone that frequents town is cheap and shabby, as you purport. Town has been left too long to erode and undesirables allowed to move in, and SCC keeps giving us false promises made of BS.

I still prefer if I could go to town, M'hall is just so sterile and false, and is still full of pram pushing dicks.

Sorry Bullerboy , but your attempts at cheap humour do you no credit.

There are many city centres - not only in this country but the world over - which try to keep up with the modern trends in order to attract the money from the shopping public . Unfortunately , that shopping public have limited finances to sustain the needs of the merchants within our system .

As for your dialectical procrastinations on who or what contributed to the changes of our society ; well , I would suggest that the majority of the the contributors to this thread are more than capable of determining the cause .