Lots of new bus gate cameras now live

Thanks OP for the warning about Broad Street (and that it appears the council may have started enforcing penalties on bus gates/lanes (is there a difference?) that previously don't appear to have been enforced... certainly on many a weekday morning, when the Parkway is chockablock, coming down from Park Hill past Granellis is the most sensible option down to Park Square.

There's regularly a stream of cars in that left hand lane much of the way down when it gets busy, so this will have an effect on that... shouldn't affect me usually as I go down in the right hand lane anyway, but certainly worth knowing that the council are doing this, and just to avoid bus lanes/gates wherever possible, particularly in places not usually driving through.

For whoever corrected the OP it is Broad Street and not Duke Street...

Thanks OP for the warning about Broad Street (and that it appears the council may have started enforcing penalties on bus gates/lanes (is there a difference?) that previously don't appear to have been enforced... certainly on many a weekday morning, when the Parkway is chockablock, coming down from Park Hill past Granellis is the most sensible option down to Park Square.

There's regularly a stream of cars in that left hand lane much of the way down when it gets busy, so this will have an effect on that... shouldn't affect me usually as I go down in the right hand lane anyway, but certainly worth knowing that the council are doing this, and just to avoid bus lanes/gates wherever possible, particularly in places not usually driving through.

For whoever corrected the OP it is Broad Street and not Duke Street...

Never mind.

I'm assuming they've put some new signs up in the last week or so on Broad Street though, there's nothing on Google Streetmap other than the standard blue signs with the peak times you can't use the lane, but nothing at all to suggest 'Bus lane enforcement now in operation' as there is on the Wicker.

As far as Duke Street goes, I didn't think you could drive down the bottom section onto Park Square (from the junction with City Road/Bernard Rd) - there used to be a sign there for access only?

Apologies Megalithic if I've got these two roads confused, it was the ice cream/sweet shop on the corner that made me think it was Broad Street! :)

It's confusing. Maybe i'm wrong, but i was down there no more than a week back and i saw no new signs. I live at Wybourn so it's my regular route into town.

Edit : It's the "bus gate" comment that's confusing, there isn't one on Broad St, but there is at the bottom of Duke St as you know.

It's confusing. Maybe i'm wrong, but i was down there no more than a week back and i saw no new signs. I live at Wybourn so it's my regular route into town.

Edit : It's the "bus gate" comment that's confusing, there isn't one on Broad St, but there is at the bottom of Duke St as you know.

Yes it's just a bus lane at Broad Street - the bus gate has been on Duke Street for years (and I assumed that had been 'live' for a while), which is what confused me. I shall have a nosey on Monday :)

Yup bus lane on Broad St will be enforced by cameras between certain times of the day, the bus gate at the bottom of Duke St will be enforced by the mobile camera. Boston St is also going to be monitored by the mobile camera this is another limited time bus only gate as shown by the signs just before the petrol station on the left. Break the rules you WILL get caught eventually. Also the council are starting to apply for traffic orders covering the zig zags outside certain schools, the mobile cameras will be visiting these sites too, to catch the inconsiderate parents/guardians parking like .........!

---------- Post added 01-09-2013 at 01:19 ----------

Also the sings informing of the bus lane cameras on Broad St are big, bright and yellow, and in a very prominant position at the top of the hill after the cross roads, if you havn't seen this sign do go to specsavers for your own good. (Although the sign states bus lane enforment will begin on ......... the date has been left blank!!! think the council ran out a money to make the number stickers haha)

theres no way of getting out of the fine mate just pay up. but all the do gooders on here throwing in their tuppenny opinions, i bet your lead a damn boring life living by the rules, bet the most dareing thing your have done is park in a parent and child parking spot when theres only been you in the car and got away with it and i bet your felt right rebels!! because you broke a rule!

theres no way of getting out of the fine mate just pay up. but all the do gooders on here throwing in their tuppenny opinions, i bet your lead a damn boring life living by the rules, bet the most dareing thing your have done is park in a parent and child parking spot when theres only been you in the car and got away with it and i bet your felt right rebels!! because you broke a rule!

Can anyone tell me how I can get a copy of any Bus Gate video, or even find out when any one of the cameras are in action. Many thanks.

there seems to be a lot of new bus gate enforcement cameras in operation now even on very small bus gate areas! i hadn't really noticed until this morning when i received a fixed penalty for encroaching on one.

there is a new one at the bottom of broad st i think it is where it joins the parkway roundabout and another at heeley just behind the wolsey road mosque.

seems our car hating council want us to go round in circles using up fuel and creating carbon fumes :roll::roll: whilst adding to the council coffers to cover up the huge deficits in its budget!:rant:

If it is an unofficial tax as your claim to boost the coffers of the council, then surely it's a tax on stupidity and easy for most to avoid paying.

Bus gates are stupid, it takes so much longer to get in to town when the driver has to keep getting out to open and close them.

Yup bus lane on Broad St will be enforced by cameras between certain times of the day, the bus gate at the bottom of Duke St will be enforced by the mobile camera. Boston St is also going to be monitored by the mobile camera this is another limited time bus only gate as shown by the signs just before the petrol station on the left. Break the rules you WILL get caught eventually. Also the council are starting to apply for traffic orders covering the zig zags outside certain schools, the mobile cameras will be visiting these sites too, to catch the inconsiderate parents/guardians parking like .........!

---------- Post added 01-09-2013 at 01:19 ----------

Also the sings informing of the bus lane cameras on Broad St are big, bright and yellow, and in a very prominant position at the top of the hill after the cross roads, if you havn't seen this sign do go to specsavers for your own good. (Although the sign states bus lane enforment will begin on ......... the date has been left blank!!! think the council ran out a money to make the number stickers haha)

How long have these new signs been up? Must have been since I last was down that road then! I did notice on Google Maps though that one of the blue signs indicating the times of the bus lane was partly obscured by trees... looks like it'll be 730-930 and 1600-1830 unless they've changed that too. As long as it's clearly signposted now that it's live then it's not a problem.

Edited by sheff71

You mean Duke St.

And given that and how obvious it's a bus gate you only have yourself to blame.

You gambled and lost. Quit crying.

YAWN!! wasnt crying just merely pointing out a fact that these are new cameras:roll: i may pay or may appeal after i have viewed the area again!

---------- Post added 01-09-2013 at 14:32 ----------

Pay your fine and stop whining.

I'm amazed that you think that you know my chosen mode of transport, yet you can't recognise a bus gate when you blunder into one.

like i said obviously a pious cyclist:roll:

---------- Post added 01-09-2013 at 14:34 ----------

Oh do shut up. There is no such thing as road tax.

You got caught, get over it.

oh yes that old argument....yes there is road tax or VED and we pay it unlike cyclists :roll: oh and insurance....and fuel duty!

---------- Post added 01-09-2013 at 14:36 ----------

May come as a surprise to you, many adult cyclists also own a car and

pay road tax as you call it.

maybe they do but they cant use both at the same time, i have a car and motorcycles and i have to pay for both.....unlike cyclists!

---------- Post added 01-09-2013 at 14:36 ----------

Your mistake. Pay up and stop moaning. If you want to go through a bus gate make sure your sat on a bus.

what with all the great unwashed:hihi: