Fire Fairies at Firth Park Methodist Church 1960's

Does anyone remember The Fire Fairies, bit like a youth club, held at the Methodist Church, Firth Park. I went in the sixties! I remember doing the "Me and my Teddy Bear" song and "Nelly the Elephant" in some sort of show. We also picked the May Queen, it was never me though!

My wife Larraine went to the fire fairies at the beck road chapel in the 60s.

Hi Katey, I must know you as you had Miss Cardingwells for your teacher and was in the fire fairies at Firth Park - just like me!! I was born in 52 and lived on Tideswell Road.

Hi ibbo, small world, but I was born 55 so might have missed you along the way with you being that bit older than me. I remember doing the "me and my teddy bear" song in the Fire Fairies show. I lived on Firth Park Avenue and then Ellerton Road. Went to Hucklow, Shiregreen and then Hinde House schools.

Hi Ibbo

I was born 51 and my sister attended Fire Fairies, we lived on The Oval. I was in mrs Clarkes class at Hucklow and remember miss Cardingwells as a young very good looking young teacher. My best friend Mike Maw lived on Tideswell road as did my grandparents at number 1 by the redcaps school.