Date tonight help..

well had a bath all dressed etc now waiting for my date to pick me up at half 7

You'll probably do that all over again at about 7.10. :D

Drivel and posts quoting it removed. The op asked for advice not a bunch of infantile bickering.

Only one question...what's a date :huh:

You remember? That's the thing that the OH and I had at your divorce party!

To babyblueeyes, just take a few deep breaths and get it into proportion.

It's a few hours of your life and even if it's dreadful, it's only a few hours. If it works then it's a few hours you can repeat.

Now just take a photo of him and his car registration plate and forward to a friend, in case he's an axe murderer so the police have a head start in looking for him.

But seriously- take some security measures so someone knows where you are.

Edited by medusa

You remember? That's the thing that the OH and I had at your divorce party!

To babyblueeyes, just take a few deep breaths and get it into proportion.

It's a few hours of your life and even if it's dreadful, it's only a few hours. If it works then it's a few hours you can repeat.

Now just take a photo of him and his car registration plate and forward to a friend, in case he's an axe murderer so the police have a head start in looking for him.

But seriously- take some security measures so someone knows where you are.

Don't forget to turn the flash off though.

The usual trick is to have a friend phone you about 1/2 hour in to the date, just in case you need a quick escape, e.g. "Sorry, my Dad has just been rushed in to hospital, I have to go now, goodbye".

I forgot what dates even look like.

But as said before, be yourself and be happy, but don't force yourself, try to be natural yet calm.

To be fair, I would always be there before the lady, not good keeping a lady waiting, maybe I am old fashioned.

---------- Post added 31-08-2013 at 19:40 ----------

I think there is no better place for the first date than either a small quiet restaurant or a game of bowling.

Maybe even a small hike in the country one weekend, careful not get lured in to any caves though :hihi:

film starts at 8 30 and dont know what we re watching as my date said its a surprise

film starts at 8 30 and dont know what we re watching as my date said its a surprise

If that's the time, then hang on a bit, try contacting him, are you there alone now?