Does this happen to anyone else?

Ye gods, just reading some of the names has got my internal radio playing a whole selection of irritating songs now. Normally it plays whatever was on the car radio or stereo last until I replace it with something else, but it does get prompted to change with words, phrases or names that crop up all over the place.

I quite like my internal radio. It distracts me from the tinnitus :)

Take this for putting a horrible tune into peoples heads nicki-red! ... as well as the song, the worst ever band! :gag::gag:

Nooooo thats just horrible!!! :mad:

Edited by nikki-red

About ten years ago, I kept hearing a tune in my head ... very muffled, and couldn't make it out ... sounded distant.

Over a period of a week or so, I could make out a voice singing in it ... something about 'Mandalay'.

A bit of Googling and I found the exact song and the exact singer ... 'On the road to Mandalay' by

. I swear that I'd never heard the song before in my life! How the hell does that work!? ... never found an answer despite asking my parents if they'd played it when I was a kid (even though it was released much earlier) ... they'd never heard of it either! (more into Cliff :gag:). :huh:

" On the road to Mandalay, where the flying fishes play, and the dawn comes up like thunder" Kipling I think, though how flying fishes get on to the road I don't understand, unless they go splat from the sea coast.:confused:

I had 'Turning Japanese' going round in my head at work this morning. I cant remember the last time I heard it!

now i've got "turning japanese" in my head!!:o

Ye gods, just reading some of the names has got my internal radio playing a whole selection of irritating songs now. Normally it plays whatever was on the car radio or stereo last until I replace it with something else, but it does get prompted to change with words, phrases or names that crop up all over the place.

I quite like my internal radio. It distracts me from the tinnitus :)

Bet your tinnitus isn't as bad as mine! :P:cry:

---------- Post added 30-08-2013 at 16:05 ----------

" On the road to Mandalay, where the flying fishes play, and the dawn comes up like thunder" Kipling I think, though how flying fishes get on to the road I don't understand, unless they go splat from the sea coast.:confused:

Jeez! ... how old are you? :P ... yeah, Kipling. Thanks for reminding me! :roll:;)

Doing an oil painting at the mo. Just been for a walk and forgot about the music, sat down and ... it's back again! :(

I oil paint too. What are you painting.

When I can't sleep, there is always a song playing endlessly in my noggin, and if I do doze off, as soon as I wake again, it just starts straight up again - same song (whatever it happens to be) over & over.

I oil paint too. What are you painting.

Pre-Raphaelite (by Sandys) ... slightly updated. What're you painting?

When I can't sleep, there is always a song playing endlessly in my noggin, and if I do doze off, as soon as I wake again, it just starts straight up again - same song (whatever it happens to be) over & over.

Me too. At the moment it's Protège moi by Placebo, for some reason :confused:

Maybe those dodgy bugs on your nasturtiums have turned out to be highly trained SAS bug operatives and have abseiled down to gain entry to your bedroom on a secret night-time mission . They have planted some dodgy earworms , such as "turning japanese" .

This is just one of a series of covert missions - what is the answer , dig up all nasturtiums NOW ?

This hasn't worked very well ... just come to check my thread out and immediately got BA Robertson's bloody 'Bang, bang' back in my head again! I'd forgotten all about it 'til now! :gag:

Anyone else who posted earlier having the same thing happen when they check, or am I just 'special'? I think I might have unwittingly reprogrammed my brain! :o

I know it's not very "politically correct" but it was on the radio the other day and reminds me of my childhood , Cher's "Gypsies , Tramps and Thieves " " we hear it from the people of the town that call us ...."