Sign in to follow this  

Property S10- help

Im thinking of moving to sheffield and have seen some large wonderful victorian stone properties. Victoria Road is where i want to live (off collegiate road, S10) looks like a lovely road with some nice large detached properities.

Has anyone heard of this road?

Is this a safe place or known anything about this road?

Prices of such properties?

Thanks

The properties around collegiate are lovely and I know which road is Victoria, I'm guessing that if it a detached victorian house then it will be 250k plus depending on size, condition, etc.

Collegiate Crescent is where one of the big Hallam Uni campuses is, so that area is full of students ;)

Beware of the big blocks of council flats filled with asylum seekers a short distance further down from there though, near the Classic Rock Bar. I wouldn't dare walk around there in broad daylight let alone night. Also beware of students pulling 'funny' stunts like knocking wheely bins over or putting road cones down, throwing up, urinating in the street, etc. IMO, if large and grand Victorian houses are your thing, you should consider Ranmoor.

It's not been a red light district for years. Neither has Portobello, and St Georges is nearly sorted out too.

Do I sound like I know too much? :o