We now have English owners!

I'd not recommend cooking any meal for over 100yrs. Surely it'll be a mere frazzle by now?

had them on a low light...candle power...:hihi::hihi:

---------- Post added 29-08-2013 at 18:09 ----------

..and I bet you were eating them 100 years ago easty :D

---------- Post added 29-08-2013 at 18:06 ----------

But then what are Wednesdayites good at?

{apart from crying in their beer} :hihi:

we are superior...god say's so....he's a wednesdayite....now i'm off to chippie...this thread as made me hungry..:hihi::hihi:

No need to reply as I won't be back here for a while. We were talking about you (specifically) the other day with a load of ex-SFers and I thought this was worthy of comment as a whole load of perspective appears to have been lost.

Wow, missed that bit. I'm rather concerned that during your leisure time you have little else to talk about (other than video games)..anyway since you won't be returning I'll thank you for your insight and coherent observations.

---------- Post added 29-08-2013 at 18:20 ----------

we are superior...god say's so....he's a wednesdayite....now i'm off to chippie...this thread as made me hungry..:hihi::hihi:

Not only is god a Wednesdayite, he must have given United Satan's curse! :(

Wasn’t it a Jewish immigrant that brought Fish and Chips to this country?

Edit: Deep-fried fish was first introduced into Britain during the 17th century by Jewish refugees from Portugal and Spain,[2][3] and is derived from pescado frito. In 1860, the first fish and chip shop was opened in London by Joseph Malin.[4] - Wiki

So it’s another adopted dish.

yup, finally some sense lol

who cares if its english or not, who cares if hes english or not, who cares if somebodys not english or not, why do we have to keep putting english things / people on a pedestal purely to make some nationalistic point?

load of crap

just enjoy yer fish n chips, if theyre nice theyre nice whoever makes em

You don't have to be any particular nationality to cook any kind of food. Cooking isn't rocket science.
Evidenced by the multinational Heston Blumenthal ;)

The best fish & chips in the world can be found on the east coast - Brid & Scarborough. I've never registered the ethnicity of the people cooking them.

The one by Saltburn pier for me :)

Oh, and for avoidance of doubt I'm not implying that you have to be of a particular ethnicity to do rocket science either.

Being Vulcan would undoubtedly be an advantage.

The one by Saltburn pier for me :)

sheffielders coming up here to visit us, definitely have to sample fish n chips from one area round these parts, whether its whitby, scarborough, saltburn, hinderwell, redcar

The chippy on Shoreham st is owned by greek cypriots and they can cook fish n chips ok. Just look at the queue snaking down th road on matchday

Ah, Man Friday, nice fish and nice chips, not so good chicken curry imo. As you said, they make a right killing on match days.

sheffielders coming up here to visit us, definitely have to sample fish n chips from one area round these parts, whether its whitby, scarborough, saltburn, hinderwell, redcar

I'll bring you some jerk chicken next time mel..with the obligatory Hendos of course :D

Ah, Man Friday, nice fish and nice chips, not so good chicken curry imo.

He must be family!

hang on hang on BF how did you do that? post two next to each other withoutout joining together?? Oo

He must be family!

I hear he's liked more than someone else in the family...;)

hang on hang on BF how did you do that? post two next to each other withoutout joining together?? Oo

Hmm good question..given the subject of the thread they must be allowing two posts in a roe ;)

---------- Post added 29-08-2013 at 18:40 ----------

I hear he's liked more than someone else in the family...;)

I can believe it fella :(

Hmm good question..given the subject of the thread they must be allowing two posts in a roe ;)

---------- Post added 29-08-2013 at 18:40 ----------

I can believe it fella :(

Cringeworthy :D