Running club for beginers

Totley AC is very welcoming for beginners. The fastest in the group run loops to keep the group together, works really well.

Expensive fees now though. SRC are cheaper . .

The SRC deal also includes free entry to local league and championship races , a weekly email to keep you posted with up to date news , a choice of up to 6 different training groups on a Tuesday and Thursday with a qualified coach. We now run from the English Institute of Sport ,meet at 6pm .

I'm looking for exactly the same thing, for me and my OH.

Problem is, most of the slow training groups go at 10 min/miles which is a minute faster than my OH's race pace! We tried a running club last year (not any of the ones listed here) and I found it a bit cliquey, apart from the secretary who was very friendly, and also she felt like she was holding everybody up.

I'm looking for exactly the same thing, for me and my OH.

Problem is, most of the slow training groups go at 10 min/miles which is a minute faster than my OH's race pace! We tried a running club last year (not any of the ones listed here) and I found it a bit cliquey, apart from the secretary who was very friendly, and also she felt like she was holding everybody up.

From SRC website:

Beginners group: Normally covering 4-5 miles at around 0.30-10.30 minute miling. There are normally between 3-10 runners in this group

Presumably 0.30 minute miles is a typo, well, that, or they have some Usain Bolt types with rocket powered jet backs and roller-skates...

Thanks Waldo - SRC does look quality, but we both have commitments on Tuesdays and Thursdays :(

Hi, is there any other running ones at Hillsborough. what about a morning one during the week. would struggle with Saturday morning.

what and where is the meadowhall one ?