Telesales lists? Who is good?

I am looking to do a marketing campaign for my business in the next few weeks and plan to buy a bunch of phone numbers for cold calling

MarketingFile came recommended by a friend and their search allows some good discrimination of roles etc

But I am interested to hear who else people use as the time commitment will be pretty huge and I don't want to be using an average list if a better source exists

thanks

I presume you are good at cold calling if you are planning on buying data?

I usually do my own cold calling but as my business has expanded I decided to do a trial outsourcing it to a small local business. I am using a small local company as I'm after quality calls and will pay on results not just number of calls made. My trial isn't while the middle of September so pop back later and I will tell you how we got on.

I usually do my own cold calling but as my business has expanded I decided to do a trial outsourcing it to a small local business. I am using a small local company as I'm after quality calls and will pay on results not just number of calls made. My trial isn't while the middle of September so pop back later and I will tell you how we got on.

If it is successful, please PM me their contact details.

If it is successful, please PM me their contact details.

Remind me at the end of the month.

I had discussions with two other companies prior t this one and they never put their money where their mouth was. They wanted me to pay thousands of pounds per campaing and they intended to call several thousand potential customers. I don't even think there are that many suitable manufacturers for me to target in this area.

The company I have chosen has asked me what SIC codes to target, what county and how many employees. During the call they are going to narrow it down to waste type and annual spend.

Chez2 I'd also be interested in hearing how this local company worked for you. I spend a fair bit of my time delivering live cold calling training to clients, but for some they either really hate it, or simply don't have the time/spare capacity within the business to do it internally. So I do get asked about good local companies.

I'll await your results with interest!

You may want to read up on the rules for cold calling now, it looks like they may be about to change.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/09/11/direct_marketing_via_email_to_consumers_requires_extremely_clear_and_specific_consent_says_ico/

Being UK based you can be prosecuted if you contact people who are on the 'do not call' list, if the rules change further you could get into real trouble randomly cold calling people of a list you bought in.

Shes starting working on my account Thursday next week. She will only cold call for businesses she is intersted in. She won't do PPI, phone contracts and similar things.

It doesn't matter what the call is about you all have to follow the same rules and you can all be punished in the same way.

You watch the BBC program 'The Call Centre' ??

They've just been had for quarter of a million quid.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22946358

You may want to read up on the rules for cold calling now, it looks like they may be about to change.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/09/11/direct_marketing_via_email_to_consumers_requires_extremely_clear_and_specific_consent_says_ico/

Being UK based you can be prosecuted if you contact people who are on the 'do not call' list, if the rules change further you could get into real trouble randomly cold calling people of a list you bought in.

The list of data should have been run through for businesses registered with CTPS. My telemarketer says it usually cuts the data by a third when its been run through to remove businesses registered with the CTPS.

As far as I'm aware you are already liable to a fine if you call someone who is on the CTPS list.

You are, although the regulator is pretty gutless and you probably have to abuse the hell out of the rules before getting caught.

The onus is on you as the caller tho to make sure the contact isn't on the CTPS list - do you have a way to double check the list yourself to make sure you're not going to get into trouble - don't wanna just take someone's word for it that the list is ok.