Skip hire recommendations in Sheffield - No advertising

Anyone know of cheap skip hire.

It's to get rid of Green waste.

And before anyone suggest taking it to the dumpit site, I'm only 1/2 way through doing the hedge and the pile is up to our window. Its too green for the wood shreeder so need a skip.

On a very tight budget so need it cheap but reliable. (a mini skip should be fine)

Jubby

Anyone know the best place to hire a skip from and how much it costs?

I've got a cellar full of rubbish and I need to clear it out sometime soon. Probably need a fair sized skip...

If you look in the Star wantads, there's people that'll come and take it all away for you, and probably cheaper than hiring a skip. I had a guy come and clear away a load of garden/building rubbish. It took him 2 hours and he charged me £25.

Originally posted by RoyalRegular

If you look in the Star wantads, there's people that'll come and take it all away for you, and probably cheaper than hiring a skip. I had a guy come and clear away a load of garden/building rubbish. It took him 2 hours and he charged me £25.

Maybe you got the deal of the century, but I can't see how you will get 2 hours work and a truck and tipping at a licenced tip (instead of the side of the road) for £25.

Flytipping?

Originally posted by RoyalRegular

And he will of Fly tipped it back of MFI or waste ground at a dark side street in the east end, I think.

Minimum charge for skips/waste services to tip is £47 (inc vat)

I know, cos thats my job:mad:

I got a bloke out of the Star to come and take my old bathroom away, he charged me £20 I think.

I have 2 matresses, a single bed base and a washing machine to get rid of. What's my best option? Hire a small skip (what size and at what sort of price?) or get a bloke with a van to move it?

Any suggestions as to cheap, reliable companies etc would be gratefully received.

Thank you :thumbsup:

If you are a council tenant I'm 90% sure that the council will take the washing machine away for free. Maybe the other stuff too.

Yes. It says here that they will take all bulky domestic items from tenants for free and £28 for private households.

Originally posted by cgksheff

If you are a council tenant I'm 90% sure that the council will take the washing machine away for free. Maybe the other stuff too.

Yes. It says here that they will take all bulky domestic items from tenants for free and £28 for private households.

I'm not a council tennat but may give them a ring anyway . The last time I tried this I was told there was an 8 month waiting list for things to be collected. Hopefully this will have changed now!!

Does anyone know of a cheap place to hire a mini skip from and approximate cost. I`ve got some garden rubbish to get rid of.