Skip hire recommendations in Sheffield - No advertising

Whats the cost of a skip these days
All depends on the size you want they start at around £80 for a 3ton skip then your looking at over £200 for a 10 ton.

arthurs skips is the best skip company in sheffield by a country mile

Avoid Yorkshire Waste Care (The Green Skip Co.).

I used them recently, they took my money in minutes & then delivered in a few days, but took nearly 5 weeks of phone calls to get them to collect it.

Hi all just need to know if anyone knows of any cheap skips companys? Its only for toys and shed rubbish? Please reply if you can help with people to ring. Thank you x

Hi Laura (and anyone else who's reading),

The best resource I've come across for hiring skips is a site called skipandbin (not sure I'm allowed to post an actual link..?) - anyway it basically gives you a list of local licensed skip operators ranked cheapest first... I've found it saves a lot of time that you might've spent calling round to get a quote.

Hope this helps.

:loopy:Basically need a skip firm to do 2 things....1,come on time & 2, pick up on time....doesn't sound to hard does it?.... No nominations please for 'Arthur's' ,dj skips,mr rubble and dixons.....all the above fail through pretty poor service....am I asking too much,or can someone tell me why they are all the same?

Why not get a hippo bag. There cheaper than a traditional skip and have never had a problem with them picking up and the price is reasonable too

Yh, a hippo bag is definitely cheaper

Carryliam are good and reliable.

Avoid Yorkshire Waste Care (The Green Skip Co.).

I used them recently, they took my money in minutes & then delivered in a few days, but took nearly 5 weeks of phone calls to get them to collect it.

Totally agree, took our money, no skip delivered countless phone calls and broken promises. Luckily we paid by paypal as we had to open a dispute to get our money back.

ha ha

can anyone reccommend a good skip hire place please. Preferably one for a small skip that can be dropped off & picked up the same day.

Also, is there any rules on what is allowed in a skip?

I'm sure to get some dodgy replies to that, but hey ho

like one person has said you can't put asbestos in it the council will take it away for you as it as to be disposed of properly if it's the type that's from old lagging, you would be surprised where they used to put the stuff. but going back to your question you can put any thing in a skip you might get stuff robbed out of it, what I would also do is make sus there's nothing in it to trace it back to you, like letters bills parcel waste with your address on it as some skip firms will fly tip so they don't have to pay the disposal charge that can be quit hefty be carefull