Skip hire recommendations in Sheffield - No advertising

Does anybody know of a cheap skip hire place around S5?

O'briens were the cheapest when I phoned around.

I'd like to point out that Skips are not always the best option if you have light material, especially as more and more recyclers are being charged by weight rather than volume if they are taking waste in a van.

For wood waste and green waste, shredding on the job can save a lot of money and it can be turned into a product. Same with cardboard.

For reusable items, charity shops and charitable providers may collect your stuff. If its clean wood, sell it for firewood!

If you have a large amount of bricks and concrete etc, you can hire a crusher for the day and keep the crushed material to use in the garden or sell to a neighbour. Crushed Bricks etc can be used under a patio or decking....If your paying 180 for a skip and buying hardcore for 1y 00 (8 tonne) then your total cost is 280...a lot of money compared with merely crushing what you have on site.

If anyone gets in a situation where they need these types of services, look onlline at providers. In the coming months I can hopefully start shredding all my own wood to make briquettes etc. out of...Next year Ill be tackling the rubble crushing as a portable tool on sites.

Alex

I'd avoid Yorkshire Waste Co (YWC) unless you really love having a skip on your property. It took FIVE MONTHS of badgering them by telephone until they finally relented and collected our skip! Others on here have reported the same problem.

Any suggestions where to get skips from. I've rang a couple of places and they seemed a bit pricey.

Need large 8 tonne builder skip.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sid

Hi been quoted £180 for an 8 ton skip.

Does anyone know anyone cheaper?

Info stored on drive s5 area.

Ty

Needing a skip!

Wanting medium sized for household items

Can anyone recommend a cheap skip hire company which would preferably be able to deliver today.

TIA

We found Arthur's to be really good, delivered and picked up when they said they would, reasonable price and friendly staff.

Avoid Yorkshire Waste Care like the plague!! We have used them twice and never ever again!!

Avoid Bradfield too, we used them twice also and terrible attitude both times!