Edmund road drill hall

I know it's 14 years since these postings but those concerned might like to know that Len Savage...Mr Nice Guy....retired from the City Police and moved back to his roots in Lincolnshire. He died just over 10 years ago aged 79.  I was a rookie cop and Len was deputed to show me the ropes. We became lifelong friends. His widow Kath still lives at Kirton in Boston with his son.  He was indeed a good man.  

On 02/04/2006 at 21:45, jauntyone said:

Hi Alan52

Yep I too remember sgt lambert, he was a very good friend of mine. He went to the same school as me,(Newfields secondry Moden)

He used to live on the road at the side of the drill hall, Rowsley Street.

I also remember Mr Savage, he wasa reaalygood down to earth guy.

I feel you were in the ACF the same time as me, I was corpral Garbutt.

Hope to here from you soon.

My email is jauntyone_188@hotmail.com

On 16/03/2006 at 09:43, Alan52 said:

I like you Jauntyone was a cadet at Edmond Rd at around that time too but when I was there the Sgts name was Lambert and one of the officers was a member of the police force his name was a Mr Savage a great bloke did not mind us smoking or drinking in the mess evan at that age 14 15 years old he evan once said if you are good enough to wear the queens uniform you are good enough to smoke and drink. We had some great times on the camps. Also do you remember the crippled lad called thanks Alan.