First Aid in Schools

I would stream line the whole lot, this sounds more like it...

Numeracy / Literacy

ICT / Electronics / Innovation

Science / Biology / Physics

Geography / Astrology

Physical Education / Sports

First Aid / Bush Crafts / Survival Skills

Job Skills / Placements / Apprenticeships

Finance / Budgeting / Economics

Cookery / Life Skills / Traditional Values

Social Skills / Resource Management

There's a start, looks like a lot but spread over a whole year, it would make children far better equipped for adult life.

Edited by BEDROCK

They could mix it in with PE lessons perhaps? Most kids who are really into sports pursue these outside of school anyway and surely 'physical education' should also be about how the body works, not just how to play rounders.

They could mix it in with PE lessons perhaps? Most kids who are really into sports pursue these outside of school anyway and surely 'physical education' should also be about how the body works, not just how to play rounders.

Absolutely, biology and medicine should also be merged in to sports.

Kids knowing how things work and how to look after themselves is also vital.

Numeracy / Literacy

Geography / Astrology

There's a start, looks like a lot but spread over a whole year, it would make children far better equipped for adult life.

Bush craft & survival skills..... are you for real?

which lesson would you fit "fashioning Tin Foil hats" into?

and Astrology?! I hope you actually mean ASTRONOMY

No History?

(How do you teach Innovation?)

Numeracy / Literacy

Geography / Astrology

That's 24 subjects. If the school day is broken into 6 50 minute lessons, then each subject gets 50 minutes per week and 6 lucky subjects get 100 min per week.

If exam results plummet, how are you going to explain to a group of irate parents that their children failed their exams because they didn't do as many lessons in most subjects as they used to do?

The pass rates in numeracy and literacy are low enough already. Do you really want to reduce them further?

No History?

(How do you teach Innovation?)

Knew I forgot something :rolleyes:

Bush craft & survival skills..... are you for real?

which lesson would you fit "fashioning Tin Foil hats" into?

and Astrology?! I hope you actually mean ASTRONOMY

Don't bank on it:hihi:

Some people should not be allowed near a computer

There is nothing stopping children from learning when out of school, or is there?

I Joined the St John’s Ambulance as a cadet and have completed three first aid courses during the four years I have been participating.

There are around 70 activities that are available to members and when you reach 16 years of age you can take part in the Amalfi Challenge where you set yourself four challenges within these sections of society, relationships, service and challenge, and complete them in your own time. Once you have completed all twelve challenges you receive the Amalfi Award.

The DofE (Duke of Edinburgh's Award) is another excellent example of a program where you will develop the skills and abilities that will enrich your path to adulthood.

Hows about encouraging the youngsters to take part in one of the organisations that have successfully taught 1st Aid for donkey's ages .... St Johns, Cadets, Boys/Girls Brigade, Scouts, Guides etc. etc.

Leave classroom time for the academic stuff.

Nothing wrong with setting up 1st Aid groups in schools for extra curricular sessions.

Many schools already do.

There is nothing stopping children from learning when out of school, or is there?

I Joined the St John’s Ambulance as a cadet and have completed three first aid courses during the four years I have been participating.

There are around 70 activities that are available to members and when you reach 16 years of age you can take part in the Amalfi Challenge where you set yourself four challenges within these sections of society, relationships, service and challenge, and complete them in your own time. Once you have completed all twelve challenges you receive the Amalfi Award.

The DofE (Duke of Edinburgh's Award) is another excellent example of a program where you will develop the skills and abilities that will enrich your path to adulthood.

My dad has been in the St Johns Ambulance for well over 15 years and is well established.

But I am not what you would call an expert with band aids, I can just about master a plaster :hihi: