What is happening to our city?

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/sheffield-mugging-victim-could-have-been-killed-1-5985958

This is the headline from today's edition of The Star - yet another attack on an elderly citizen of our city. For people of my age (ie 55+ steelworkers who had proper jobs, could sup Wards or Stones or Whitbread Trophy til it came out of our ears without wanting to then randomly attack someone, etc etc), this sickening assault is still further evidence of Sheffield's decline (see comments ad nauseum on numerous articles on The Star's website).

I cannot for the life of me remember any such attacks on OAPs prior to the mid-70s, and then they made front-page headlines in the national press (ie the old lady attacked in Rotherham by two juveniles 30 years ago).

There are many serious crimes committed that do not get a mention in The Star, according to my son-in-law who is a paramedic covering Sheffield.

The truth is, the rot has set in. But who will root it out - Big Shaun, the Police Commissioner? :help:

I used to live at High Green just off Greengate Lane, moved away in 2008. It was getting really bad for chavvy scum hanging around outside Co-Op, glad I moved as sounds like it's only got worse.

Alls I can say is I'm glad I don't have elderly family living in high green. I'm not to blinkered to realise this scummy society is everywhere, however the pondlife of high green seem to have cottoned on that the elderly are an easy target. Sorrowful.

I used to live at High Green just off Greengate Lane, moved away in 2008. It was getting really bad for chavvy scum hanging around outside Co-Op, glad I moved as sounds like it's only got worse.

Very true, and they used to say High Green was an affluent area. Poppycock. The breeding ground for the can swilling scum IS around the Co-op, which sadly is a central place for High Greenians to gather. Over the last 15 years, it really has gone downhill.

Ive also read that they have arrested someone on suspicion of robbery. I wonder if he/she was local?

Edited by number27

Bullies & Cowards. Thats all they are.

You see them on TV crying when they get arrested on Traffic Cops etc

.....(see comments ad nauseum on numerous articles on The Star's website).

I wouldn't use the posts on the Star's website as evidence of anything other than the lack of sanity of the posters themselves.

That website is just a haven for supporters of the EDL, UKIP, BNP and other right-wing fruitcakes to vent their frustration at the fact that they can no longer emigrate to the Third Reich.

Charles Farleigh for example claimed that when Ridgehill Avenue was evacuated last year when a bomb-making factory was found, the offender must be Somali. It turned out the offender was white, British and called James Curtis. On another occasion Farleigh refused to condemn a Wednesday fan imprisoned for football hooliganism because both said hooligan and Farleigh were Wednesday fans. The hooligan also had a conviction for rape, something else Farleigh didn't mind.

But if a Muslim drops litter in the street the keyboard lynch mobs are out in force.

I wouldn't use the posts on the Star's website as evidence of anything other than the lack of sanity of the posters themselves.

That website is just a haven for supporters of the EDL, UKIP, BNP and other right-wing fruitcakes to vent their frustration at the fact that they can no longer emigrate to the Third Reich.

Charles Farleigh for example claimed that when Ridgehill Avenue was evacuated last year when a bomb-making factory was found, the offender must be Somali. It turned out the offender was white, British and called James Curtis. On another occasion Farleigh refused to condemn a Wednesday fan imprisoned for football hooliganism because both said hooligan and Farleigh were Wednesday fans. The hooligan also had a conviction for rape, something else Farleigh didn't mind.

But if a Muslim drops litter in the street the keyboard lynch mobs are out in force.

I support that opinion 200%. And I am not religious from western Europe.

Unfortuantely it's not just Sheffield with this kind of trouble.

Unfortuantely it's not just Sheffield with this kind of trouble.

He's right. Pick any city or even a lot of large towns, and things like this happen with depressing regularity.

I was at the new Mcdee's at Handsworth a few days ago and was rather put off by a group of kids hanging around at the outside seating area. from their conversation I was soon aware they were waiting for some-one to come out of the place who it sounded had decided to stay put and eke his drink out for as long as possible. A member of staff did ask the kids to leave and got abuse in return and the kids stayed put. A cop car turned up and the office asked the kids to move on, they then started bleating that they'd only just got there and weren't doing anything wrong, poor little hard done individuals. The police must of been there for twenty minutes and even then the kids disperced to the end of the road no doubt waiting for the police to leave.May be a good clout round the ear would of been in order for these obnoxious idiots as just talking to them politely doesn't seem to work.

The downhill trend has been going on in Sheffield and in the UK for about 50 years.......but.....the Hand-Wringers and Do-Gooders will simply not open their eyes or their minds to it.

They seem to believe that there is always ' progress '-----which flies in the face of historical evidence. Countries and Empires can and do deteriorate. I 'm afraid the UK is deteriorating fast !

Sadly, it 's probably too late to do much about it now [ short of sending all the scum off to a UK-style Alcatraz ]. I 'm just glad my remaining years are not being spent in Sheffield or any other UK city.

Good Luck everybody and Rule Britannia !

The downhill trend has been going on in Sheffield and in the UK for about 50 years.......but.....the Hand-Wringers and Do-Gooders will simply not open their eyes or their minds to it. ia !

Can I ask you a question. The people who aren't do-gooders or hand-wringers; what have they done recently to help the problem? What is it that hand-wringers and do-gooders are doing that is stopping these children's parents bringing them up properly?