Which imbeciles are setting off fireworks in S2?

Would it be the war enactment thats usually at Norfolk Park heritage fair? x

I went this morning and there were 3 simultaneous wars. There were some Roman soldiers, some archers from the 14th century and three lots of soldiers from what looked like the Napoleonic wars. I think the imbeciles with the fireworks were the 19th century ones. They had at least two cannons. I didn't see any roman candles so it probably wasn't the gladiators. I hope they didn't take out the Granelli ice cream van nearby.

imbeciles (correct spelling) Bored idiots, i wouldn't like you to give evidence to the police with descriptions like those when you don't know who or what is making those noises

Bangs ? Fireworks ? It might be people enjoying themselves. Now that 's not really allowed in Sheffield unless the Elf & Safety Goblins have it under complete control. Where do these people think they are ? Abroad ?

On the other hand if it was properly organised as a Firework Pride Parade............

Bangs ? Fireworks ? It might be people enjoying themselves. Now that 's not really allowed in Sheffield unless the Elf & Safety Goblins have it under complete control. Where do these people think they are ? Abroad ?

On the other hand if it was properly organised as a Firework Pride

Parade............

There all imbeciles and Bored idiots they should all be put to death:D

I see that the Sheffield publicity machine is still working well, you live practically next door and still didn't know anything was happening.

First I've ever heard of it TBH. How many years has it been running?

First I've ever heard of it TBH. How many years has it been running?
At least 5 years at a guess, probably longer. (ETA: See #19 below, this is the 11th year) Also was apparently listed on here on the Events/Going Out section.

Sun 25-Mon 26 Aug 2013, 10.30-5.30pm, Norfolk Heritage Park, Guildford Avenue S2 2PL

Sheffield Fayre is held in Norfolk Heritage Park every August bank holiday Sunday and Monday. It is described as the biggest free outdoor family show. Something for everyone including horticultural show, historical enactments and living history camp, trade stands, market stalls and traditional fairground attractions, community entertainment, funfair rides, community stalls, craft market, refreshments, volunteers welcome.

Run by Sheffield City Council in partnership with The Friends of Norfolk Heritage Park and supported by The University of Sheffield and National Fairground Archive.

Caution: large military involvement with potential for glamourisation of weapons; displays include military recruitment.

Edited by natjack

I went this morning and there were 3 simultaneous wars. There were some Roman soldiers, some archers from the 14th century and three lots of soldiers from what looked like the Napoleonic wars. I think the imbeciles with the fireworks were the 19th century ones. They had at least two cannons. I didn't see any roman candles so it probably wasn't the gladiators. I hope they didn't take out the Granelli ice cream van nearby.

:hihi::hihi: Sheer class. Well done, LeMaquis.:D

---------- Post added 25-08-2013 at 23:55 ----------

At least 5 years at a guess, probably longer.

This is the 11th year.

Wouldn't be the local dealer letting the bag heads know that the gear has landed?

No, largely because this must be the most obviously false urban myth in the history of urban myths.

Yeah, I've just taken delivery of a large quantity of illegal merchandise.

Mmmm. I'll set off a really big explosion to let folks know about it.

Or I could just use a mobile phone...

im off today its very loud and noisy,even the ground shudders,but its a free day out paid for by the council must cost thousands as its over two days and has re-enactments from all over the country,but its free to us to visit and I recommend it,but who pays for it is a question that is asked by many thanks

Im heading down in a bit.

Its a good little afternoon out.

Stay away if you dont like fun. You can do what you usually do and sit in front of the TV with some turkey twislers.

It does sound like a smashing day out although I'm still astonished that the local council can stage a large event like this without telling the local council tax payers about it when they ultimately are paying for it.

There are definitely no posters or publicity for this event that I have seen in woodseats, and that is one of the largest local districts and less than 2 miles away.

Where abouts are these posters ? I have seen none at all around woodseats and I have never heard of this show.

Likewise at Heeley and Norton, or around the city centre, nothing. We used to get information like that from the Gazette but they don't deliver that anymore.