Nappy bombing..

There's a new sport hitting - splat :gag:- the streets of Sheffield: nappy bombing. It's an international event where the anti-social and lazy change their kid's full nappy and simply jettison it and the contents out of the window, or on the nearest footpath. Gleadless Valley currently is in a strong position with the Callow Mount splatterer (in action 3.50pm yesterday) while Heeley Rise is mounting a double challenge - the Derby Street Dropper and the Denmark Path dumper. Watch this space...and watch the skies...:mrgreen::mrgreen:

It's not new at all.

When I lived on Hyde Park Flats, thirty years ago, it was very common to see nappies and other trash thrown over the balconies and from windows. Sadly you'd even see animals thrown over the balconies, too.

Yep your correct , im one of the the lucky one that has to pick them all up , im a estate officer for Sheffield council "Sheffield homes " so litter picking , fly tips and maintaining council land is my job ,,,, and believe me Nappys are everywhere , really annoys me why people do this , but the people that do are the first to complain there is rats and vermin on there area . :(

PT that's awful. Treating Pets like commodities.

As for the Nappies there's always a few outside our Shops. Its like a Mothers meeting some days. These people need educating.

They used to chuck tellies over as well.

How have people managed to lose all sense of right and wrong?

I seriously wonder if they even know what they're doing is wrong. But this isn't something that needs to be learned, surely. Just imagine if nobody picked up after them. would they enjoy walking on full nappies, dead animals etc, through a cloud of flies, rats biting their kids and so on.

If they are found responsible the people that do it should be named and shamed.

When I lived at Upperthorpe flats, there was a resident that would continually leave their stinking rubbish in a communal area they were told not to by the council as it causes a nuisance and rats.

Some people don't deserve the priviledge of social housing.

PT that's awful. Treating Pets like commodities.

As for the Nappies there's always a few outside our Shops. Its like a Mothers meeting some days. These people need educating.

Tara, it was very distressing. The flats themselves were great, it was just this minority of idiots who seemed to revel in anti-social behaviour.

On the night before bin day, we would put our black sacks of rubbish outside the flats' doors ready for the "bin cart" to come along each landing and collect the bags. We were regularly woken at "death o'clock" by the drunks, and the idiots, laughing and making a racket, going along the landings, throwing the garbage sacks over the balconies. Oh! what sport! Oh! What hilarity! ( :roll )

The worst (and the vilest) was when the landlady of the pub which was directly beneath my flat took her little Yorkies out, for their night-time walkies, after she had closed up for the night. The idiots would throw the bags, intending to hit her or the dogs. Again, "Oh, Such mirth!"

I used to shout, out of the window, to the throwers (Tossers? lol) "Great aim! - Now can you try following that with yourself!?!?!"

---------- Post added 25-08-2013 at 12:11 ----------

When I lived at Upperthorpe flats, there was a resident that would continually leave their stinking rubbish in a communal area they were told not to by the council as it causes a nuisance and rats.

I still have the photographic evidence from fourteen years ago when my hubby and I lived on Gleadless Valley, about the damage and the trash the "problem families" left in the communal areas.

Totally agree , I have to clean the flats communal areas as well :gag: , and your bang on half don't deserve social housing . The thing is its getting worse so god help us

They used to chuck tellies over as well.

How have people managed to lose all sense of right and wrong?

I seriously wonder if they even know what they're doing is wrong. But this isn't something that needs to be learned, surely. Just imagine if nobody picked up after them. would they enjoy walking on full nappies, dead animals etc, through a cloud of flies, rats biting their kids and so on.

they must know what they are doing is out of order.

NO-ONE, surely, thinks

"oh, duh! It's okay, it won't hurt anything- I'll just chuck this telly through the window!".

No-one can think it's the done thing.... It's that they just don't give a flying ferret's about what is "decent" and "responsible" behaviour.

---------- Post added 25-08-2013 at 12:16 ----------

Totally agree , I have to clean the flats communal areas as well :gag: , and your bang on half don't deserve social housing . The thing is its getting worse so god help us

Before I married, I lived in a small block of nine flats.

Each week it was the responsibility, in-turn, of one tenant or another to sweep and mop the communal hallways and stairs. We took a pride that our flats' communal areas were pleasant neat and tidy.

Pigs like living in muck.

I feel sorry for the decent people who have to live alongside these filthy pigs.

thanks for your input, PT - you're right, of course, it isn't new - but disposable nappies seem to be (literally!) the new weapon of choice....:o

shall we do a dna test on the nappies then every baby in the block ?