Stolen Focus st. Now Found.

]A lot of people may not agree with me here' date=' but why make it easy for thieves by leaving your keys in easy to find places [/b']downstairs? Ours go to bed with us every night and are kept safe.

Lets get one thing straight before some start shouting 'but a car isn't worth getting attacked for' etc etc. there's a reason why these people are called sneak thieves and they creep into your house. Theres a reason they run when they hear a noise from upstairs (as the 3 burglars in my house did). They don't want confrontation or to get caught. They want to grab the keys and be gone, and they know 99% of keys are going to be hung up, in a drawer or left on a table/work top.

The ones that don't care about meeting the occupants simply smash the door in and take the keys from you.

To put it into perspective, I've read loads of stories of cars being stolen with the keys but can't recall anyone saying they were taken from upstairs.

Its a good point TBH.:)

A lot of people may not agree with me here, but why make it easy for thieves by leaving your keys in easy to find places downstairs? Ours go to bed with us every night and are kept safe.

Lets get one thing straight before some start shouting 'but a car isn't worth getting attacked for' etc etc. there's a reason why these people are called sneak thieves and they creep into your house. Theres a reason they run when they hear a noise from upstairs (as the 3 burglars in my house did). They don't want confrontation or to get caught. They want to grab the keys and be gone, and they know 99% of keys are going to be hung up, in a drawer or left on a table/work top.

The ones that don't care about meeting the occupants simply smash the door in and take the keys from you.

To put it into perspective, I've read loads of stories of cars being stolen with the keys but can't recall anyone saying they were taken from upstairs.

I deffo aint goin to jump on yer post mate....i totally agree , and i have heard from a police officer what you said is correct in a way ..if its a 8 k or so car ,they will sneak in and out , the only cars they may come for your keys for is 40k plus , so no need to sneak in , they will enter for keys how ever , so yep hide yer keys and **** the thieves .

A lot of people may not agree with me here, but why make it easy for thieves by leaving your keys in easy to find places downstairs? Ours go to bed with us every night and are kept safe.

probably true for the run of the mill cars, but quite a few mitsubishi evos and also scoobys have been taken by force in peoples homes with the keys forcibly removed by threats or actual violence. luckily its something more specific than the general thieving we see.

I said to the oh put keys in dogs bed. He said no way they going under your pillow ha ha whats he mean with that comment :)

I said to the oh put keys in dogs bed. He said no way they going under your pillow ha ha whats he mean with that comment :)

ha ha ha ha , iam keeping quite on this one lol :hihi:

Yep my friend is over the moon , and i agree a lot of police get slated , but for reasons out of there hands "criminals " . The police officer that found the car is on this thread , not saying any names , but i would like to say personally , that's a top job and well done , from a Focus st owner and lover you did my mate proud today by calling him with the news ;)

ps don't pull me if you see me in my st .ha ha ha ;)

Your welcome pal, glad he is pleased to get it back!

I don't mind people knowing what I do, it is only a job at the end of the day (one i do enjoy mind...)

And yes, my brother in law has an ST :)

There is a school of thought which I adhere to that goes: always leave your car keys (or at least one set of car keys) downstairs, so that you don't wake up to find crooks rifling through your daughter's sock draw. I know many who have had car keys stolen from downstairs at night. I personally would not want to find a crook upstairs in my house sniffing around for car keys as I am not entirely sure how he or I would react - but this is likely to be with violence from both sides. I would rather loose a car and claim on insurance than go through i) years of trying to justify any actions I may have taken in self defence, or ii) a lengthy period of hospitalisation (or worse).

P.S. Well done Samsparro - extremely good work. Print this thread off and put it in your portfolio when you apply for your next promotion!

Edited by Oingo

Just to let everyone know the Focus st has now been .....FOUND....... all in tact and looking in good condition with no visible damage "but wait to see what full dealers report give on every possible check " it was on false plates when found , my friend called me to let me know and ALSO to thank Sheffield forum as the car was found by a local traffic cop on normal routine in Fir vale . The police officer recognized the car parked up by the pictures he had seen on Sheffield forum even though it was on false plates , so this is a fantastic result and top job by the officer ;) ..so once again thankyou for all your post . Cheers Martin

Mods can you please edit the car has now been found ;)

Excellent news! Well done that officer!

P.S. Well done Samsparro - extremely good work. Print this thread off and put it in your portfolio when you apply for your next promotion!

Cheers for the kind words.

I don't think I have actually done anything out of the ordinary to be honest, is it not what we get paid to do???

The police's problem is that we are not that good at telling people what is happening with their crimes/incidents, when perhaps all it takes is a quick phone call to keep people in the loop...

I will stop as a lowly PC thanks, suits me better!!!

A quick letter to the chief constable would be a better way of it going on my record though :hihi::hihi:

My 58 plate Vectra SRi was stolen in the same circumstances in 2011. The person who stole it was, with his accomplice caught and given community service. He is a prolific car thief from Aston and has the intials JI, can't be more specific or the post will get removed. He, apparently is on Facebook and brags about his exploits, also well known to the police.

My 58 plate Vectra SRi was stolen in the same circumstances in 2011. The person who stole it was, with his accomplice caught and given community service. He is a prolific car thief from Aston and has the intials JI, can't be more specific or the post will get removed. He, apparently is on Facebook and brags about his exploits, also well known to the police.

Thats why they do it because there is only a slap on the wrist to stop them!