Alcohol Services in Sheffield

Thank you, we tend to think no-one else goes through this hell. The support of one forum member, who I won't name just incase they don't want naming, has been invaluable since this nightmare began in August.

We hoped he would recover, he hadn't had alcohol since the day he was admitted in Aug, but he was sent home 3 weeks ago, classed as 'clinically fit'. He could barely walk.

At this moment I don't know how we will recover. x

Im so sorry for your loss. I too am living with an alcoholic. Hes admitted it, and before anyone judges, its stress related. Im at my wits end, i dont know what to do. We have an appointment with seap tomorrow, but right now tomorrow seems a million years away. In honesty i think hes had a breakdown. The constant crying from him is heartbreaking. Nothing i can say or do helps. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I dont know how long i can keep strong........PLEASE HELP

Im so sorry for your loss. I too am living with an alcoholic. Hes admitted it, and before anyone judges, its stress related. Im at my wits end, i dont know what to do. We have an appointment with seap tomorrow, but right now tomorrow seems a million years away. In honesty i think hes had a breakdown. The constant crying from him is heartbreaking. Nothing i can say or do helps. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I dont know how long i can keep strong........PLEASE HELP

I started this post wanting help and advice when my brother was first taken ill with his alcoholism in August and received lots of wonderful replies and pm's. As you have read, we lost him in October. Sadly, he was wanting to recover and doing everything right and by the book but it was too late, the damage was already done. I have my fingers crossed your appointment goes well tomorrow, please feel free to pm me if you need to 'chat'. One forum member was invaluable to me throughout our struggles and for that I'll always be grateful.

Sam x

Thank you so much for replying. I have had a pm off someone, and i think its probably the one that helped you. I was ignorant to what alcohol can do. People just dont understand that it can happen to anyone at anytime. I fear for how this is going to turn out. Most people like a drink after work, to relax, little knowing how this evil thing can take hold fully at the slightest feeling of worthlessness. This is what has happened in our case. To help me, im writing down everything that is happening, day by day. Maybe one day it will help someone else going through the same. Thank you xx