Ravenfield ponds

As anyone got any idea how this place fishes, an if its worth the £60 permit fee??

I am a member and fish it regularly (weekly). Plenty of good size silver fish in all lakes which include some nice Tench and Crucians. There is a head of Carp in Bridge Pond as well. The matches are regularly won with 30+lb of silvers, I fish it as an alternative to my local commies i.e. hallcroft, Lindholme etc. and enjoy the variety it provides

(and the peaceful surroundings). I'm looking forward to winter match series as there should still be plenty of bites from the Roach, skimmers etc. Carp lake has some 20's if that's your thing?

You also get access to the Canal and a nice stretch of Don at Kilnhurst (double figure Barbel). Can't fault it for the money tbh.

Thanks for that. Yes it looks an excellent fishery, I'v just looked on the website and the kingfisher lake looks great. Must say I'm not a carp or matchman, just love a good mixed fishery. Thanks for that aistrop.

I don't know if this is true but have heard (from people who used to night fish the specimen pond) that there has been trouble with druggies, and cars getting done. Can anyone confirm or refute this?

Fished it for 30 years and never ever seen any problems of any kind so I don't know where the problem story arose. Some cracking silver fish lakes and a carp lake with lots of 20's if that's what you like. Never gets crowded, permit also gives access to 150 pegs on the S Y Canal, plus another pond, Baker's and some good double figure figure barbel fishing on the Don.

Can't beat it for the money.

Fished it for 30 years and never ever seen any problems of any kind so I don't know where the problem story arose. Some cracking silver fish lakes and a carp lake with lots of 20's if that's what you like. Never gets crowded, permit also gives access to 150 pegs on the S Y Canal, plus another pond, Baker's and some good double figure figure barbel fishing on the Don.

Can't beat it for the money.

That's good to know. Thanks for the info. Is what you say also true when night fishing?

I don't night fish myself but know many of the anglers that do and I've never heard of any problems, ever.

I don't night fish myself but know many of the anglers that do and I've never heard of any problems, ever.
Thanks. I've been considering joining for some time. I think you've just decided me.

Thanks. I've been considering joining for some time. I think you've just decided me.
i did 3 years on the carp lake doing nights every week and one of the best and safest places ive ever fished very secluded and martin and keith do a cracking job :thumbsup:

Hi I've been thinking about joining ravenfield carp lake. Does anyone still fish the lake and would be great full of any information I know alot have left this year just wondering if there was a reason? Thanks

YES cucki . im on the comittee of the ponds and theres a website ans facebook page.

its well worth the £60 minium joining price for what you can get. it peaceful safe and secure.

yorkshires most beautiful tradtional fishery.

http://www.ravenfieldponds.co.uk