Housing association question

does anyone know which housing offices have their own waiting lists and dont just go through the property shop for parts of s2 s12 s13 and s20.

up to now i have only found yorkshire housing so does anyone know of others.

mods please do not move to the property section as it may not been seen by people that know the answer

Chevin housing association and Guiness Northern Counties are 2 in Sheffield that used to let you apply direct to them. Dont know if this has changed & unsure about the areas for Chevin but Northern Counties has houses covering the majority of Sheffield. It does seem wrong that the majority of associations only let their empty properties come available through Sheffield Homes.

Chevin housing association and Guiness Northern Counties are 2 in Sheffield that used to let you apply direct to them. Dont know if this has changed & unsure about the areas for Chevin but Northern Counties has houses covering the majority of Sheffield. It does seem wrong that the majority of associations only let their empty properties come available through Sheffield Homes.

chevin and guiness have nothing at the moment forgot to put i had tried them

Edited by CHEZZFAYE

Here's a link to housing associations in Sheffield. You can check if they take direct applications, what their criteria is etc.

https://www.sheffieldhomes.org.uk/myHome/MovingHome/OtherHousingServices/FindOutAboutHousingAssociations.aspx

i went down that, i have just been told their is more than on the councils list which is why i asked

i went down that, i have just been told their is more than on the councils list which is why i asked

That wasn't exactly clear from your first post. I don't know of any more, sorry.

That wasn't exactly clear from your first post. I don't know of any more, sorry.

thanks for trying

---------- Post added 23-08-2013 at 11:24 ----------

Maybe private rental x

nope not suitable